CHAPTER FIFTEEN

**okay so something different. Not really sure how it's going to work out. We'll explain more later**

Zac

Damn, what have I turned this year into. It's not even Christmas vacation and everything feels screwed up. I really have no one to blame through. All these shitty things that have been happening are my fault. Sabrina, my football career, my grades and most of all Sarah. Oh hell Sarah. This dream girl who was always there, but never within my reach, is now all I can think about. The worst part about is that I most probably ruined any damn chance I had with her. Shit!

I can't be stuck with Sabrina until the end of my senior year, but being with her makes my parents happy. Is it creepy that me being with a girl makes my parents happier than it makes me?? I'd break up with her in an instant but with my dad's and Sabrina's dad's partnership coming up, that would be the worst thing I could do. I'm just scared that if I don't leave her soon, I could be hearing fricken wedding bells!!!

School's still a pain in the ass. All the homework and tests and pop quizzes. I can't keep up and if my grades start dropping I can't be on the varsity team, which will kill my parents. Oh well, no more parties for me. It's just chemistry though. All the equations and elements confuse the crap out of me; and the last thing I was to do is ask Mr. Richardson for help or even worse, assign me a tutor. I can see it now 'Zac, the stupid jock'. Last thing I need is to become the ultimate stereotype.

Truth be told; I really don't like football anymore. I loved the sport in freshman year when I started playing, but when my dad and coaches saw I had potential, they pushed me to be the absolute best. I've wanted to quit, I just don't have the guts to tell my dad. When he was in school, he was this scrawny loser who had big dreams- the American dream. I guess I'm his chance to do what he always wanted. I understand that, completely, but I'm not him. I'm not some genius entrepreneur, and I don't want to be the star football player. I don't know what I want to do when I graduate, I just have a feeling it's definitely not going to be football.

I envy Sarah and her small group of friends. They're real, and true. So what if she doesn't have a lot of friends, the ones she has are worth gold. Popularity attracts way too many fair-weather friends. Well, except for Ryder. We've been friends since kindergarten, he's always been there for me, come rain or storm. I think that's the expression.

My phone beeps with a text, and I realize I have a few I missed.

Hy Bby :)

Gr8 nws, finally fnd that sxy dress I was looking 4

Miss ya xx

(Mwah)

What kind of a girl texts her boyfriend when she buys a new dress? Seriously, Sabrina's the epitome of clingy. I text back some meaningless gooey response, and imagine what Sarah would think. She doesn't seem the clingy type and I like that.

Get a grip Zac. She's off limits.

The next text is from Ryder, he wants me to come hang at the cove- the cove is where the 'in' crowd hangs, about 30 of us basically hiding from our parents, and the rest of the world. Some of the people here bring beer and other drinks; but I'm not really into that kind of thing so I usually chill with the rest of the varsity team. I grab my keys and head out the door, yelling at my mom that I'll be back later. She doesn't actually care, but I like to pretend she does.

"Hey, Z-dawg!" Someone I don't know calls as I exit my car. There's some crappy music blaring from somewhere and Sabrina latches onto my arm, damn, if I knew she'd be here, I wouldn't have come.

"Yo, Zac!" Ryder slaps me on the back. "I got 'em."

"Got what?"

"The forms for UCLA? We gonna play football there next year, remember? Hey, Sab, do you mind giving me and Zac some bro time?"