CHAPTER FOUR

BFF's, Crushes, and make-out sessions.

Zac Cornelio has been the man of my dreams ever since third grade. Even way back then Sabrina had been a bitch, and had mercilessly bullied me. Zac had found me hiding underneath the slide,after a particularly bad bout of Sabrina-itus. He hadn't said anything, he'd just sat there, facing me, and offered me some of his skittles. His skittles! Can you believe it? I mean, no one shares skittles, but he did. This whole scene made me feel warm and fuzzy when I thought about it, especially since junior high, when he snapped at Sabrina for snatching a handful.

Carley and Blake had only came into the picture later, since Carley lived one town over-both our towns shared a high school-and Blake only moved here halfway through freshman year.

"Earth to Sarah Skywalker! Come in, Skywalker! We need you urgently to battle the dark side of Geography!" Blake was waving his hand in front of my face, and I blinked.

"Sorry, I was-"

"Daydreaming about Zac...oh, his blue eyes, that could melt you into a puddle of goo, his thick, dark hair you just wanna run your finger's through, his full, supple lips you feel such desire to-ouch"

"Cut the crap, Carley. That's so the last time I'm letting you anywhere near my diary. I swear, you have x-ray vision or something." I snap, picking up the couch pillow I threw at her. I can't believe she said that in front of Blake.

"What can I say, when you got it, you got it." She shrugs, nonchalantly.

"Do girls really think that stuff about guys?" Blake asks, bewildered.

"Only Sarah."

"And every other girl on the planet!" I retort, "I know for a fact that you think that stuff about Blake!" I gasp, regretting the words as soon as they leave my mouth.

"I told you that in confidence. How dare you?" She yells, then storms out, slamming the door in her wake.

"She really told you she likes me? Why didn't you tell me last week when-"

"What kind of a friend would that have made me? I can't betray her trust."

"You, uh, just did, Sah. I'll go talk to her." He gets up and walks out, chasing after his dream girl.

Someone for everyone. Except me, I guess.

***

Monday. The epitome of depression. Had a fight with your best friend? Just add Monday, it'll get worse, guaranteed! (No refunds or returns)

I sit alone at lunch, reminiscing over my suck-tastic day so far. Let's start with this morning. I over-slept, I have a new break-out of zits on my forehead and chin, and I couldn't find any super-cute clothes to wear. I'm wearing a plain white v-neck tee and a pair of ratty old jeans. Then I couldn't find my contacts and had to dig up my ugly old glasses with the gross frames.

By this time I was late for first period, trig.

After that, in biology, Mrs. Waters asked me to fetch a microscope lens from the supply closet.

Guess who was making out in said supply closet?

My so-called best friends Blake and Carley.

So, as I said; suck-tastic.

"Hey, Sarah!" Ahhh, it's him! Why's he talking to me? Why today? Where's Sabrina? She's gonna kill me.

"Uh, hey."

"Can I sit here?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, sure. That is-if your girlfriend doesn't mind." Why did I say that?? Dumb!!!

"Who? Sabrina? We're on a break now. Her dramatics got a little much for me." He chuckles, but there's a hint of sadness in his voice. He puts his food-laden tray down opposite me and sits down.

"So, how's your head?"

"It hurts, but trust me, that's no fault of yours."

"Oh, what's wrong then? That time of the month?" His forehead creases, and he looks torn between running for his life and just sinking into the floor.

"No!" I practically yell, then try and fix this super-awkward situation, fast! "I mean, thank heavens, no. I'm just having a really bad day."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want to tell me about it? Often times it helps." How sweet is he? I mean, he's actually volunteering to listen to all my drama problems.

"Thanks, but I don't want to scare you off with my problems." I give him a shaky smile and try to play it cool by taking a sip of my soda.

"You'd be surprised. I have a sister going through puberty, I'm practically an expert." He jokes. I laugh genuinely. "Try me." And I do. I find myself telling him all about my big slip-up. I leave out the part of her teasing me about him, I just say that she was teasing me about an ex-boyfriend.

"Well, personally, I think you should apologize, don't let pride ruin a friendship that obviously means a lot to you. And if she's really your friend, then she'll forgive you. Besides, didn't you do her a huge favor? I mean, if you found her making out with him, shouldn't she be thanking you?" I laugh, he actually has a point there.

"I think I'll do that, thanks Zac."

"Hey, what are friends for? We are friends, right?" He asks, and his face portrays vulnerability. I can't believe it, he genuinely wants my friendship.

"Yes." I say, with a shy smile. "Were friends."

****************************************************************************

Friends? How stupid can I be! I want to be so, so much more than friends. I can't believe I pretended to forget her name last week as well. She must think I'm some dumb jock looking for a rebound after loosing my girlfriend. Not that we're actually broken-up. I wish I had the guts to break it off with Sabrina, she's got nothing on Sarah. Never did. She's always insecure about her looks, always asking me if she looks okay, always wanting me to tell her she's beautiful, while Sarah has the guts come to school in jeans and an old t-shirt. She looked way better than Sabrina ever could, without even trying. Oh, I have to find a way to get close to her. Well, friends is a step in the right direction, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys!!!

So, Carley and Blake finally got together, yay!!! And Zac and Sarah had their first full-length conversation!

Slowly but surely, things are coming together! (I feel the need to add an evil laugh here, so...)

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hope you guys liked the little bonus at the end from Zac's point of view.

Let us know what you think by voting and commenting.PRETTY PLEASE????? With cherries on top. And whipped cream. And sprinkles.

LOVIES😘😘😘

Xoxo

Storm and Snow.