Sherlock - Hidden Skills

Dedicated to @smartgeekgirl101

(Btw this is before Mary and the fall so yeah)

I walked past the busy streets of London, every once and I while I look up from the pavement to make sure I wouldn't bump into anyone.

I look up once more and see a shortish blond about to pass me. He looks familiar somehow, my eyebrows scrunch as I think hard and quickly search through my mental "files" about the opaque memories. My feet stutter to a stop and I spin around to catch the man I remembered as John Watson.

"Watson! John Watson?" I asked softly as I lightly grabbed his shoulder. He spun around and his face softens. He grins a second later.

"Is that Y/N Y/L/N?" He smiles and I nod.

"Oh boy you look great John." I admit, beginning to walk beside him. He mumbles something and chuckles, then  we start to chat about how I was a freshmen and he was a senior, and one day he helped me up when I had slipped on ice. That's how we actually met, and after that we became friends.

"So what are you doing in London...d'you live here?" He questions.

"Yeah, I was actually going to visit Warren Park, I'm a detective and I can't solve one of my bloody cases!" My feet slap against the ground as I think about it more, my teeth clench.

"You're actually the second person to say that to me today." John chuckles.

---

After quite a bit of persuasion John convinced me to come for tea. We truly needed to catch up, it had been quite a few years. He led me to 221 baker st., which was actually beside my favourite café; Speedy's.

Thinking about the savoury coffees and teas John pulls me into a beautifully decorated corridor. We hang up our coats and I comment on the beautiful decor, he tells me about how it was actually his landlords, but of course I knew it was a woman's touch.

The feminine colours matched with not a spec of dust or dirt clearly proves that a woman takes care of this apartment complex.

We trudge up the stairs and he opens the door for me. I smile and thank him, then enter the flat. Immediately I sense another presence. Papers scattered, equipment piled, tea cups half empty, this is clearly not johns behaviour even if I haven't seen him for several years.

The culprit stood on the couch infront of a wall cluttered up with papers. He wore a black blazer and dress pants, and his dark brown hair was curly and teased at the ends. The whistle of the kettle snapped me out of my trace, it seemed I had been deducing again.

John calls me in and I sit at the cleared kitchen table.

"So who's that?" I ask, pouring milk into my tea.

"Oh that's Sherlock, don't mind him."

"If he wasn't yours I would be interested." I giggled knowing that it would irritate John. I knew he wasn't gay, but by the way he carefully chooses his words when he talks about 'Sherlock' means he's been through this before.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and muttered something inaudible. "For gods sake, I am not gay!" He exclaimed but started to laugh seconds later. I laughed along and looked over to the other room where Sherlock was. He growled in anger and dug his fingers into hair, shimmying it around. Instead of him I focused on the papers around him, and some anomalies that should've been with other groups. I couldn't help myself, so I apologized to John and made my way to the couch. Studying the papers I start to rip them off the wall, continuing after many of complaints from Sherlock.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He protested.

I took a deep breath and began. "Well, you've got you're papers jumbled up in the wrong order, you're never going to solve the case with this kind of environment, seriously do you live in a pig sty? Next, clearly you couldn't see that the murder weapon wasn't a gun, it's clearly a puncture wound from the bruising so I'll say an ice pic or screwdriver. My my Scotland Yard is as pathetic as it seems. By the way you should really quit the heroin Sherlock, the only thing it's going to do is enhance your time of death." I puffed and stuck the last paper in the correct placement. Sherlock sat baffled and confused, while John probably snorted on his tea judging by the choking pig sound.

"Oops did I say to much?" I thought out loud, and gave the case a quick once over.

Sherlock opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out, he just closed it and stayed silent.

"You're welcome." I said firmly and returned to the kitchen where I casually sipped my tea.

Johns face looked like a bomb had just landed in front of him. His eyes were wide and mouth agape, he was speechless. Did I not tell him this? Whoopsy daisy. My bad.

"Coffee tomorrow?" Sherlock yelled from the other room.

"Y/N Y/L/N. Speedy's?"

"Always." He responded, and I knew that I would be coming back to 221 b from now on.

Sorry guys, I feel like this was bad but I suddenly got really busy in school and I feel sick and I have a fever and I have to be in a noisy ass classroom now. Pls vote and comment and I hope you enjoyed :/

-CW