Mycroft - Birthdays

For my wonderful Sierra ❤️ Happy birthday

(I know, this is going to be weird but I hope everyone enjoys, also this is based on some preferences of Sierras liking so keep that in mind please and thank you)

Mycroft twisted his ring anxiously, he had never done something like this. "Maybe she won't like it...we should call it off." he said confidently to his brother, though he was anything but confident, right now he was a nervous reck. His hair dishevelled, his tie loose and bags under his eyes.

"Mycroft, you sound like a babbling fool, well, you are one." Sherlock offered Mycroft a fake yet coy smile. Mycroft frowned quite unamused by his little brothers sarcasm and pompousness. "This isn't a silly shenanigan brother!" He snapped at Sherlock, he was quite tired being up for two straight days worrying about this one event.

Yes, this one event was a potential life changer for Mycroft Holmes, it would define who he would stay with for the rest of his life.

The idea started with a phone call to none other then the army doctor John Watson, he was used to getting an occasional call from Mycroft asking about his brothers condition and whereabouts, but it was different this time. John listened with an expression that could only be interpreted as surprised and confused, he almost thought it wasn't Mycroft hearing such a request from the Ice man himself.

John being the kind hearted man, even with the daring deeds he's done for Mycroft and his brother accepted the request out of pity for Mycroft, because he had been there one time too.

So, the retired army doctor spread the word, he gained the help of Mrs. Hudson, Molly Hooper, Greg Lestrade, and even help from the two trouble makers Donavan and Anderson, he needed everyone he could get.

The hardest task of this endeavour was telling his brother. Mycroft found it awfully hard to express to his brother that he had let himself grow weak for a certain beautiful, talented, kind hearted woman. Mycroft had warned his brother about it but it seems he was the one who had fallen into an endless pit they call love. It was quite embarrassing to call himself a hypocrite.

But nonetheless Mycroft told his brother and of course was mocked quite a bit, but he desperately needed his brother. There will always come a time when you need Sherlock Holmes, the time for Mycroft was today.

"Yes it is a shenanigan Mycroft, do your research." Sherlock sighed, removing his hands from their previous spot steepled under his chin. "The philosophy behind the idea of a p-" Sherlock was cut off by the sound of a car driving up the gravel road leading to mycrofts estate made everyone, well almost everyone quiet. All the guests started to run back to the other room, Mycroft bit his lip as he ran to the mirror in the front hall and fixed his hair, then his tie and straightened out his suit. He grabbed his favourite wooden handled umbrella and smoothly walked to the door just as the special someone knocked on the door. Letting there be a small pause so it didn't seem like he was standing near the door Mycroft then opened the door and smiled, his nose scrunching. "Y/N." He opened the door more to let her in. "So glad you could come." he smiled.

"Well I said I would Mycroft." She chuckled half-heartedly as she took off her jacket, she sort of expected at least a 'happy birthday' or something along the lines of that since it was her birthday. "So whats up, you usually invite me to lunch at some fancy shmancy restaurant." Y/N joked and walked into his lounging area since she had never really seen it.

"Wow Mikey you re-" Y/N started but was cut off by everyone screaming "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" A Hand flew to slap over her heart as she jumped back in surprise, gasping with a little shriek, conveniently bumping into the strong and sturdy chest of Mycroft Holmes who had followed her after closing the beautifully crafted door. A very unamused "surprise..." came from Sherlock who had a party hat stringed onto him making him look like a very unhappy kitty.