Chapter 7: The Creek

We were sitting in the meeting room of the pack house

We were sitting in the meeting room of the pack house. Levi was pacing with the picture of me holding the teddy bear in his hand, saying he was disturbed was the understatement of the century. Neither he or Lander had a clue as to how Dominic got those pictures–no one did.

Evangeline was sitting next to me, rubbing my arm while Liam eyed stuffed teddy bear in his hand. He turned around as Jaxon waved him over to where he, Ethan, and Lander were talking. He set the bear down, and walked to the group. The bear that looked innocent, but I knew that to be far from the truth.

Derek was furious, as was Elliot. Derek had talked to Barrett for hours; grilling him over and over and over again. Barrett didn't know though, and neither did Evie. If they were lying Ethan I would know. The cut still pink on my palm was proof of that.

Lyanna pulled up Ajax and Deryl on Skype, then walked over to me while Evan stood firm next to Ethan. He was eying the vampires, suspicion starting to cloud his eyes–Evan didn't believe them. When we told them yesterday when we got home, Evan wasn't convinced that they had no idea. While I don't think the four sitting in the room with us had any idea, I had a feeling the ones coming did.

"What are we waiting for?" Evangeline asked.

"Leo, Alex, Vincent, and Helen," Lyanna answered.

"How's Cora?" I asked.

"Sam has a dialysis machine coming in today. She said it needs some work, but she and Bernard think they can separate the blood."

"Good," I breathed out. "Hopefully that helps. What about the children? Can we make some bundles of those herbs at the schools with them this week?"

Lyanna nodded. "Yes, Coleen surprisingly loved the idea. We need more anyways, and I am sure they will love getting out of schoolwork to do this."

"Wonderful, thank you Lyanna," I said with a smile.

Lyanna opened her mouth when Evan called to her. "Be right back."

I watched her long blond hair sway as she trotted over to Evan, who kissed her for a long moment before he whispered something in her ear. "I don't know how you do it," Evangeline murmured to me, her eyes focused on Lyanna.

"Do what?" I asked.

"All of this–the pack, your relationship," she replied.

I looked at her to see her green eyes staring back at me, uncertainty heavy in them. "I don't know what you see, but believe me when I say that I'm not holding it together as well as you think. Honestly, without Ethan, I don't think I could do all of this–I know I couldn't."

"I don't know if I can," Evangeline mumbled out.

"What do you mean?"

She looked at Liam who was standing next to Ethan. He had filled out so much since I had last seen him–he always seemed to be maturing more into the role he would one day take. There was still a boyish charm about him, but he was starting to look more and more like Lander does when he's standing with Levi–cool, collected, and calculating eyes.