Chapter 56: No More Talking

"Let's go check on the moon plants?" Susie asked Bernard as we finished our breakfast. Lizzie was passing out more leaves for everyone to chew on, although my headache was getting better. I hardly noticed it to be honest, with Ethan around.

"We'll go check on the rogues," Dagny breathed out. "I'm curious to see this cure Susie, I'm so happy we could save them."

"Me too," my mother breathed out as she wiped her hands on a dish towel.

"Dagny, we need you to go back to the coven," Bernard said. "We'll be behind you after we check on the plants."

"We'll check on the rogues," my mother said with a smile. "Lucas, care to join?"

"Sure," he said before he took a sip of coffee.

"Mom?" I asked, wiping my mouth before I tossed my napkin on my plate while Alice slept with her belly up in my lap.

"Oh sweetie, you and Ethan just go enjoy yourselves. We'll find you when we need help fetching the others," she told me with a warm smile. "Dom? Derek?"

"We'll fetch the vampires," Dominic said. "I'll bring them in tonight and have them trolling the streets. God this is going to be good."

"Agreed," Bernard said with a laugh. "I'm almost as giddy as a child."

I snapped my eyes to Dagny's who were almost in disbelief before she eyed Alice. "Oh my goodness Vincent! Look!"

Vincent turned and eyed the bunny with a ghost smile on his lips. "Spoiled little rabbit," he said as he reached out to tickle her belly. She stirred awake then sprung up with sleepy eyes, cocking her head as Vincent gave her an innocent smile. "Have a nice nap love?"

She yawned then hopped across mine and Ethan's lap and over into Vincent's where she curled up and when back to sleep. I sighed and looked back at my mother. "Mom, are you sure?"

"Of course, your father can handle it with us. It is our pack now, right dear?"

My father nodded into his mug. "Best not to argue with your mother baby girl."

Ethan kissed my temple before I leaned on his shoulder. We stayed a little longer and helped my mother clean up. Levi and Eve had ducked out early. My father more or less told him that he would find him when we needed to get the others so he and Eve were free to themselves, which they more than deserved. They had over ten years of making up to do.

I felt like Ethan and I should help my parents and the others. I knew we had plenty to do, but he was insistent on following my mother's orders. More than insistent. He was dragging me back to our cabin, a smug smile on his face as I tried to convince him that we should help.

"Sunshine, your mother told us that they had it."

"Ethan, there's a lot to do. We can't just– "I was caught off with a squeal. Ethan had dipped down and tossed me over his shoulder, then started to walk towards the cabin again. "Ethan!"

"Mmm?"

"Ethan! What the hell are you doing?! Put me down!"

"I don't think so sunshine," he practically sang out; some pack wolves were eyeing us curiously before they just started laughing as Ethan turned a corner and headed down the little footpath towards our cabin.

"Ethan! I can walk you know!" I called back as he adjusted me on his shoulder, drawing another squeal from me as he pinched at my sides.

"I do. I don't care. Obviously," he replied back, smacking my ass playfully and drawing a yelp from me.

"Ethan!"

"Baby, there's nothing more we can do. Your mother said so. So until we are needed, then I am kidnapping you."