Chapter 9: Whipped Cream

"What do you want for dinner babe?"

I pulled opened a cabinet and shrugged. "You?"

"You already had me, babe," Ethan replied with a coy smile. "But–" he started to say while he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me. "I'm always up for seconds."

"You're incorrigible," I said, leaning back against him.

"And you're delicious," Ethan murmured against my skin.

"Blobs, I want blobs," I stated.

Ethan sighed and leaned his chin on my shoulder. "You're no fun sunshine."

"And I am about to get even more irritable if you don't feed me," I said, turning to give him a long look. "Food. Actual food."

"Fine," Ethan replied, throwing up his hands in defeat. "Have it your way sunshine."

"I will," I replied with a smug grin tugging at my lips. "Where are the witches?"

"On their way I assume," Ethan said while pulling out the skillet from the cabinet. "Want to make us some coffee?"

I nodded. "Sure. Are Lyanna and Evan coming?"

Ethan let out a long breath and nodded. "Evan can smell breakfast from miles away."

I pulled the coffee out of the refrigerator and walked to our worn coffee pot. Placing a new filter inside it, I started to scoop out coffee and put it into the compartment. "I mean who doesn't love breakfast?"

There was a knock on the door. Smiling, I eyed Ethan as he stared at the wall ahead of him for a few moments before he muttered out a string of curses.

"Breakfast for dinner?" Evan asked as he walked in with Lyanna in tow. He had his hair pulled back in a tiny bun behind his head that in some odd way, matched the bun that Lyanna had twisted her hair into.

Ethan eyed the two of them then scratched at his scruff that was starting to become more full. "You two plan that?"

Lyanna rolled her eyes as she walked over to me, rubbing her cheek against mine while Evan scoffed out a laugh. "No, Lyanna obviously copied me."

"Doesn't matter, mine looks better," Lyanna said while Ethan started to mix the pancakes together.

He eyed Evan then winked at Lyanna. "I would have to agree with your mate brother."

"Asshole," Evan grumbled while he walked over to me. He tossed an arm around me and hugged me to him. "Little sister?"

I sighed. "I think that it's a good start Ev, maybe in a few more inches you'll have something there."

Ethan barked out a laugh. "Could say that about other things besides your damn hair."

Lyanna covered her mouth and turned around while Evan growled lowly at Ethan. I nudged him playfully. "Coffee?"