Chapter 60: Witch With A Twitch

She was sleeping on my chest, her breath even, her skin bare and painted onto mine, and her hair haloed around her. Looking at her I wondered how I ever did life without her before?

It was in the moment that she snuggled into me some more, letting out a soft mew that drew a soft smile onto my lips as my eyes trailed over her skin that was only tarnished by the evidence of our lovemaking, that I knew that she was right. That I wouldn't change a damn thing. Not the pain and not the tears. The pain and tears are what brought us here, made us what we are and crafted us to be able handle the life we were blessed with.

She stirred some more, and I found myself growing disappointed that she was waking–that the spell of this little peaceful cabin was breaking. Blinking her eyes open she looked at me, a sleepy smile on her lips as he tilted her head to better see me.

"Did you sleep?" she asked.

I pushed some her hair back and shrugged. "A little, did you?"

"More than I thought," she said with a yawn.

"I had a dream about my father last night," I told her, my beast stirring at the thought of it that had been eating away at me all morning.

"Really?" she asked, her eyes waking up some more. "What did he say?"

"He told me he was proud of us and he was sorry that he and my mother chose to stay behind, that their place was there," I said before I let out a long breath. "He told me to be smart and be patient. To look after you. To end her and not to worry after, he said he and Eli had plenty of plans for her–Liam too."

She sucked in a breath. "Really?"

"After he said, 'live your life Ethan, you more than deserved it.' He may or may not have also hounded me on how Eli has a kid on the way and we do not–he and mom have mad baby fever."

"Makes sense, you certainly get it from them then," she replied with a sly smile.

I rolled my eyes then dipped down to kiss her, savoring the taste of her while she melted into me. "Are you ready?"

"Are you?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, we both are."

"I don't know how I am going to sit in that meeting," I grumbled because the thought of being near that witch without being able to strangle her was excruciating.

"You have to behave, Ethan," she told me. "You have to be patient. Let her think everything is alright, play into her illusion. I won't be mad at you, in fact, you need to do what you have to keep her from suspecting anything. If she finds out, it could ruin everything. We need her to stay in that room."

I sighed then nodded at her. "Alright, sunshine."

"Should we get dressed?" she asked.

"Do you think those things work?" I asked her, looking at the pants and the sports bra that Dagny had enchanted.

"Let's try?" I nodded at her. She slipped out of bed which made me groan inwardly at the sight of her naked ass walking away from me. Immediately I regretted letting her get dressed. She quickly slipped on the pants and the bra, then turned to me. "Ok ready?"

"Are you ready? I'm going to laugh when you're wearing that in your fur," I replied with a cheeky smile.

She rolled her eyes before her bones started to crack; as the fur sprouted, it was like the clothes just disappeared with her skin until she was standing on all fours and looking at me with wide eyes.

My brows raised in shock. She did a circle, eyeing herself before she walked over to me. I sat up and quickly ran my fingers through her fur, trying to feel for the clothes, but all I felt was her dark chocolate silky hair between my fingers. She rubbed against my legs, purring slightly before she turned.