Chapter 35: Thigh Highs

"Ok Charlotte, if you wear these, I think we can hide some knives in them," Evie mused as she held up some thigh-high velvety-looking boots while Wynona helped go through her closet.

I raised a brow and met Andrea's gaze. "The heels are a little high Evie."

"Yes, but stilettos do make great weapons," she replied.

Talia nodded. "I agree, you can do some damage with those."

"How's it going over there?" Lucas asked Barrett who was still drawing with a pencil while he sucked on a blood bag juice box.

"Almost done, do you want to come over here?"

Dominic zipped over to the coffee table in the living room of my old cabin. My eyes found the big window and the blinds were I remember watching Ethan pace back and forth the first day I ever met him. My heart twisted and my beast whined out to him

Derek zipped to me and pulled me down onto a couch next to him while Barrett tucked a pencil behind his ear. Elliot whipped out his phone and turned on the camera. "I'll send it to Evan and the others, go on Queen B."

"Ok, so this is the best description Evie got," Barrett started to explain. He pointed to a large piece of thin sketching paper and pulled it aside to reveal another that he had drawn on.

The first sketch showed three layers and a basement; the second and the third stories each with a balcony that looked out onto the ground floor where there was a large cutout so you could see down into the basement.

The second sketch showed one floor in particular; it was like a lounge. There were couches littered everywhere and a bar along the wall. There was also a set of stairs that looked like they folded out onto a platform that hung above a pit of some sort that Barrett had drawn a question mark over.

"So it looks like it's three stories and a basement," he explained as he pointed to the first drawing. The basement, well Evie couldn't tell what's down there. All they saw was the ground floor which was more or less like your typical industrial warehouse club and the third floor which was much swankier. The men were not there, but there was a witch that gave them orders. She said it smelled like rogues, I think they could be keeping them in the basement. If there is fighting there, then she is keeping them down there," he said while pointing the question mark on the second drawing. "I think that there are fighting pits down here Evie heard the sound of it from one witch. I need to re-listen to her recording, but I should have more details that I can give Lander and Caden. Evie is going to help me finish this in a bit."

I let out a long breath as Derek kissed my temple. "It will be fine. You go in, you convince her of the plan, and you get out."

"What about our mates?" Talia asked.

"And my dad?" Lucas rushed out.

"Pray we get lucky and she lets you take them," Dominic said. "Although, I would not be surprised if she does not. Remember, no matter what, you have to keep your cool. She likes to play games, she's going to try and do that. I cannot tell you the amount of horrible things she made Wynona suffer at my expense."

Wynona walked to Dominic and took his hand that he kissed before he pulled her down to sit next to him. "He's right," she said. "She will dangle them in front of you but you cannot take the bait. Call her on her bluff, she won't kill them–she needs them."

"She could just take their blood and kill them," Andrea pointed out.

"She could," Dominic replied. "But fresh blood is stronger. That and she is too set on revenge. She wants everyone to witness this, she wouldn't dare take that away from herself."