Chapter 31: Involuntary Sneezing

"Morning Luna," a gamma greeted as the dipped their head at me, walking around to the kitchen past the grand stair case that was the center piece of the entry way.

I had almost forgotten what this house looked like; a cabin with this regalness about it. It was like a giant log castle. The staircase was hand carved, the floors wooden and hand scraped, the walls all wood but there was a pride that each beam held.

Ethan pulled me with him up the stairs where Jaxon was bickering with Andrea on the second floor landing. "Really? Do you two do anything besides fight or fu–"

Jaxon cut Ethan off with a growl, which just made Levi and Lucas choke back laughs. Levi gave Jaxon's shoulder a firm squeeze. "He has a point son, no offense Andrea."

Andrea scoffed while Lucas shrugged. He eyed Jaxon for a moment before he trailed off after his dad as I walked to rub my cheek against Andrea's. "Come on," I said. "Tell me what he's done this time."

She linked her arm in mine, her long blonde hair in waves down her back that shook as she scowled at Jaxon, who was shaking his head next to Ethan. "Men are dicks, Charlotte."

"Ha!" I barked out. "Tell me about it."

"Hey!" I turned around to see Ethan giving me a mock scowl, to which I just shrugged as Andrea and I started to trot up the stairs.

Angeline turned and caught our eyes. "There you two are! Seriously, I have been waiting!"

I laughed as she met us halfway down the stairs. She rubbed Andrea's cheek and hugged her then rubbed mine and hugged me. "Geez Angeline, is Deryl misbehaving again?"

"He used all my conditioner!" she said while Deryl just groaned next to Ajax. "He said, 'look how soft my hair is babe,'" she mimicked, her voice dropping a little lower to resemble a male's voice.

Andrea covered her mouth while I bit my bottom lip. "Is his hair soft?" Andrea asked.

"It's soft as a damn baby's ass!" Deryl called out. "And smells like coconut!"

"Oh my God," I said while I covered my mouth. "I'm sorry Angie."

She looked back at our men talking together then turned to us with a sly smile. "I put hair dye in it, so next time he uses it he's going to have bright mermaid blue hair."

"Yes!" Andrea hissed before she high-fived Angeline. "I need to do that–well played."

"Thank you," Angeline replied, turning on her heel to walk with us up the stairs.

Alphas, lunas, and some betas were all chatting in a little foyer in front of Levi's meeting room. Murmurs were quieted as we approached, my beast swelled. We had no reason to be afraid; we made me a King, but we were no monster.

Angeline and Andrea pulled me along with them; we greeted some of the other people along our way–quick and cordial. Levi was already in the room with Lucas, who was a sight to see apparently as well. Some alphas, like Frank, were more than happy to see him; teasing him and laughing about silly things that happened back when Lucas was younger.

Levi turned his head to look at me and smiled. I broke away from my two friends and made my way to him; walking into a hug where he nuzzled my hair. "Don't worry girly, their more afraid for their own hides–I think Ethan has about scared the shit out a few already," he chuckled out.

Ethan rolled his eyes as Levi let me go; he walked over to our seats and set his coffee down while Lander walked over to me with a tired smile. "Morning Char."