Chapter 16: Snakes Part I

My legs almost gave out as I stepped back away from the rock. My wolf howled out as tears were pouring down my face. I found my self-wrapping my arms around myself as my brain–my heart tried to encompass all that we saw.

I saw them.

My mother and father.

The ones who were my real parents.

It all felt like a lie.

I felt like a fool. Like a damned fool. I was angry. I was so damned pissed off that I wanted to rip at Alex's face and shred it.

But I was so terribly pained.

Because I was sad.

My mother died a death she should never have had to die and my father–my father gave his life up for me. My father allowed his body to be desecrated after death so I could live. My father who held me in his arms when Dominic snapped his neck.

Dominic.

His best friend.

I wasn't sure whether I hated him or loved him, much like how I felt about Leo.

The Dreamtaker.

He knew this whole time and said nothing. He knew and never once thought to tell me–to tell Levi.

Yet I couldn't help but be pleased with the fact that he knew the whole time and never said anything–not even to his brother. He kept my secret even though he damn well knew who I was.

Ethan.

I couldn't even think about us as children because I knew I would cry more. I let out a long breath then looked back around to where I had left them–from where I had been woken out of my sleep by the whispers, but they were gone.

My heart almost stopped.

There was nothing there, not even the blankets. All that there was around me was green grass and a dark silence. A silence that was not that silent because I could hear something moving in the grass. I looked up to see where the noise was coming from as my beast prowled forward; it was coming from a place in the dark, where the moonlight wasn't touching so it wasn't illuminated to me.

"Ethan?" I waited, but there was nothing. "Ethan where are you all?"

Nothing.

I pushed back the current emotional duress that I was in and tried to think. "Levi?"

"Charlie girl?"

I let out a small sigh of relief. "I need you to come to Lusa now–

"I already know. I'm on my way. Just and tight girl, I'll be there soon."

I heard something move along the grass, causing me to still while I looked for it. My wolf pawed at my mind, she wanted our mate. She wanted to find him then blow up this damn rock.

There was a crunch. There was a crunch of soft grass as if feet were stepping on it. I whipped around but saw nothing. A game of cat and mouse is what it felt like I was playing; but I wasn't the cat or the mouse, I was the wolf.

My beast licked her lips at the thought. We were ready for whoever was stalking us to come out so we could really play with them.

"Levi what do you mean, 'you know.' What do you know? What's going on?"

Another crunch.

I didn't bother to turn around. I let her come forward; pulling deep from my veins–as deep as I could and letting my beast dig out parts of me that I didn't realize were even there. I almost scared myself as I could feel the waves of my own energy roll across the grass like a tidal wave; but my beast kept going, because we would damn well show whoever it was out there who they were screwing with.