Chapter 28: Mini

"Charlotte."

"Mmmm."

"Sunshine."

"Mmmmmm."

"Charlotte come on," Ethan said, his tone like a warm smile while he gently shook me awake.

I groaned and turned towards him, cuddling into his chest while he laughed into my hair. "We have to get up baby."

"I was having a good dream, it was one where you bring me coffee," I said, a sleepy smile pulling at my lips while my eyes blinked open to look up at him.

He pushed some of my hair back and dipped down to kiss me. "I had a good dream too."

"Ya?"

He nodded. "Yup."

"Want to elaborate?"

Ethan kissed me again before his hand moved under my shirt and over my belly. "It involved you, and your stomach, and maybe twins..."

"Twins?"

"I was thinking a boy and a girl, but whatever the moon would give us would be fine with me sunshine." I groaned and pulled the covers over my head while Ethan's chest vibrated as he laughed. "What?! It could happen baby."

"You're ridiculous Everette. We don't even know if that could happen."

"Well, we'll just keep trying."

"Ethan..."

"What?!" he said while he kissed my neck. "Actually, we should start practicing now."

"Practicing?" I asked with a raised brow while his hand slid down the bare skin of my stomach.

"Mhmm," he hummed against my neck. "Practicing," he murmured as his hand dipped into my panties, reaching for a place that drew a little gasp from my lips.

Needless to say, Ethan and I did a lot of practicing that morning. Practicing that I didn't mind too much, I didn't mind at all.

I was sitting downstairs in one of Ethan's shirts and some of his boxers, drinking some coffee, while he made blobs when Dagny and Derek knocked a the door. Smiling, I waved them in while Ethan flipped another pancake.

Dagny walked in, almost dancing in her steps. Her ombre pink hair looked longer, almost to her waist in waves like the ocean; she had on tapered black pants, red booties, and a lacy Victorian looking baby blue shirt with pearl clasp buttons up the back all the way to the neck. Alice was in her palm, sporting a light blue ribbon around her neck while Derek zipped to me.

I hugged him while he kissed my cheek. "Where's Elliot?"

"Hunting with Vincent," Derek answered, slyly eyeing Dagny. "Vincent's been a little moody."

I rolled my eyes while Dagny huffed. A few days ago, Dagny came over to do some research while Ethan and made calls to some regional alphas to coordinate a meeting. Vincent was over and the awkwardness around them was like a stuffy middle school dance. A few times Dagny allowed Vincent to sit next to her; she ended up really appreciating Dominic's compulsion on Vincent.

"Dominic and Wynona?"

"She's with Cora," Derek replied while Ethan handed him a cup of coffee. "And Dom went hunting with them."

"Barrett and Evie alright?" I asked into my mug.

"Yes," Derek sighed out. "Dominic's helped quite a bit actually. He's been calling covens that have been more, well, tough for Barrett. Apparently, Steven always liked Barrett and Evie. He more or less said he doesn't care what you do as long as you stay off his ass."