Chapter 64: The Stick

"I would like to propose a motion to open a committee to audit the treaty with the intention to renegotiate and restructure the terms," my father said in the room full of wolves, witches, and vampires that looked back at us.

Dominic was sitting next to Ethan and I; Ethan had an arm around my shoulders while we watched Levi and my father represent our region at the national council meeting. A meeting that Derek and Elliot along with Alex, Alister, Steven, Bernard, and Susie were participating in as well. Dagny waved at me from across the room; Vincent was sitting next to her with Alice in his lap.

"On what grounds?" the meeting officiant called out.

"On the grounds that the rules have not been constructed so they fairly represent all parties and the procedures for enforcement and investigation are also not effective nor do they best serve our kind."

"Do you have evidence of such claims?" the officiant asked.

"Yes," my father said as he passed around a large binder, navy blue, that officiant assistants passed copies of around to the other alphas, coven masters, and head witches in the room. "These were all emailed out before, but in here you will find evidence of the treaty being broken as well as the failure for such incidents to be properly investigated and brought to justice."

Incidents.

We were able to use the incident reports along with some other things, many other things, Aurelia type things, to support our claims that the treaty needed to be adjusted. There was a whole section on her and Hale, on how she was a result of the fighting over the years–a side that was oppressed choosing to lash out in an extreme way.

She was the wakeup call our world needed of how easily it would be to fall into the honeytrap of another. We wouldn't make that mistake again.

"Thank you, Alpha King, do I have a second for this motion?" the officiant asked as the room broke into murmurs.

"I second," Derek called out as he stood up.

"As do I," Bernard said as he stood.

"As do I," Alex echoed, causing my eyes to widened as we watched him stand up. "Hadrian is right, it is time for a change."

I looked at Ethan, whose mouth almost dropped. We had expected Alex to cooperate, but we had not expected him to be this supportive. Regardless, we would take what we could get.

The officiant looked around and nodded. "It seems we have seconds. How would you like to proceed Alpha King?"

"I suggest we head up a committee made of equal parts wolf, vampire, and witch to review the treaty then propose them to the group within six months time. The changes will go for a vote. If they are voted upon, then they will be open for revision and negotiation where we can place a final vote on them next year, where if they are voted on, they will be considered active within the specified time frame."

The officiant nodded. "Do we have a second for this?"

"I second," an alpha called out, Issach Quickfoot to be exact.

"I second," Alister said.

"I second as well," Callista added with a smile.

The officiant tried to hide his smile. His looked up at my father and nodded. "Alright Alpha King, you have six months. Before this meeting is over, and everyone dismissed, you will be expected to have your committee members selected."

My father nodded. "Thank you," he replied before he sat down, my mother kissing his cheek while the room broke out into murmurs.

"Wow," Dominic breathed out. "That just happened."