Chapter 36: Games

------------------------------

Ethan

--------------------------------

"Ethan that's not her. You just heard her. You know that whatever that is–is an imposter. Link her, link her now."

I looked up at Eli and shook my head, sobs tumbling out of my mouth while my head pounded and body ached. My eyes looked back at the body on the ground and the blood on my hands; dark hair splayed on the floor.

She smelled like her. She smelled like her but it wasn't her. It wasn't but there was still doubt in my mind because whoever this was, whatever this was, looked exactly like her. Same dark hair, same stormy eyes, same pale skin that looked like moonlight, and same full lips that I wanted to claim over and over again.

She even had a mark on her neck–my mark.

She smelled just like her, but there was something off. I rubbed my face while my head pounded some more, the silver made everything feel like a hundred pounds amongst other things they pumped in my veins. My eyelids were heavy and my skin itched from my own blood dried around the wounds they had opened and re-opened.

I thought they took her too. They had us in these other cells before. They had us in cells around a pit where we fought and fought and fought countless rogues–both wolves and vampires to her amusement. Alphas who betrayed us came to watch, that bastard Cole Clawfoot was even here, along with her–Aurelia.

They sat in their swanky boxes, watching us fight even though they had drugged us and put us at a disadvantage. One rogue wolf bit Levi's finger off and another ripped a chunk out of Ajax's hair.

They had Jaxon and I chained together; two silver cuffs on one of our wrists with a chain that connected us when we fought. Needless to say, the skin is practically gone, but Jaxon and I did kill a hell of a lot of rogues until we felt like robots. Until it became almost mechanical. Until when I heard movement or noise I would just start to attack it, even noise that I would make just from moving around.

Until she got bored of watching us or watching Issach and Levi and Ajax try to save each other when they would stumble or fall because the drugs were too much. They loved their drugs.

The drugs that made me see two of everything, that made everything heavy, everything painful–at one point I wanted to saw my own hands off because it felt like silver was wrapping itself around my bones. They made everything seem like a monster, like there was a darkness infecting everything around me.

Then they brought them.

Our mates.

They took us to new cells and across from us, in other cells were our mates–except for Levi, they had brought Lucas for him. They had been tortured and beaten badly as well.

They drug Charlotte to a chair and stripped her down to her underwear then tied her down to the chair before they injected her with something that made her skin ripple as a blood-curdling scream came out of her mouth.

I roared at them and threatened them with every threat I I could think of; I tried to brake out of the cell while they lifted her legs up and started to cut away little strips of skin off the back of her thighs–the little scars that were there, they took them as trophies. They kept going, cutting off her scars until I was begging them to stop while she went in and our of consciousness as pained moans and groans and screams came out of her mouth.

Then they took her.

They took her and Eli showed up. I blinked, completed shattered by the state of what we were in when Eli walked to me.