Chapter 55: This Beautiful Life

"Baby?"

"Mmmm?"

"Where's the coffee?"

"Mmmm."

"Baby..."

"Ethan come back to bed," I groaned. "It's cold."

Warm chuckling bounced off of the walls as the fire crackled. I blinked, pulling the blankets down on the small bed to see him tossing some more logs into the stove. He had been rummaging around for the last thirty minutes, trying to wake me up without success until he mentioned coffee.

We didn't sleep at all last night. Maybe a few hours split out here or there, but my lips tugged into a tired smile as the soreness in my limbs reminded me why it was more than ok that I didn't get any sleep. Why we didn't get any sleep. Sleep could wait.

He turned and crossed the short space to slip into bed with me, pulling me to lay with my back against his chest as I faced the wood-burning stove that was licking more rapidly away at the logs. "Do you want coffee?"

"No."

"No?"

"I don't want you to get up again," I groggily replied, scooting back against him while he nuzzled my neck, chuckling lightly and sending vibrations over my skin.

"I like this cottage," he stated softly as he laid his head against the pillow.

"Me too," I breathed out on a tiny yawn. "Cora put Eve and I both in one."

"Eve?"

"I thought I showed you?"

Ethan stilled for a few moments. I rolled over, careful not to roll off of the bed, and faced him. He pulled me to him, closer so my skin was practically painted against his. "If you did I don't remember, I've been very busy sunshine."

"Busy?"

"Mhmm," he hummed.

A soft smile tugged at my lips as my fingers traced the edge of his jaw, his skin that I couldn't believe was here. He was a miracle laying in front of me.

"Well, Eve is back," I told him as he kissed the tips of my fingers. "And Susie, and Lizzie, and my parents."

"Lizzie? Susie?"

"Bernard's light is Susannah or Susie as we call her. Dominic's mate is Elizabeth, or Lizzie."

Ethan's brows raised before he just started laughing. His chest vibrated while he shook his head, his hands rubbing his tired face before he looked back at me. "I feel like I should be surprised but considering everything I'm not. God, Aunt Eve? Levi is going to lose his shit."

"He did," I breathed out. "I helped her kidnap him, Lucas, and Jane last night before I came and got you, I thought I showed you that?"

"Baby, you showed me a lot of things that I have been much more focused on," he replied huskily.

My skin flushed as he laughed lightly, nuzzling my neck and nipping at the fresh mark on my skin. "Well, you need to learn to pay better attention."

"Baby," he whined as he nibbled at my mark, sending shivers over my skin while the fire crackled. "We've been very busy. We're very busy people."

I rolled my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips. "Yes, well, we are probably going to be busier. We have a lot to do still."

"Yes we do," he sighed out, pushing some hair back as he looked at me. "I'm sorry–"

"Stop apologizing about it," I injected. "If you keep doing that, then I am wearing an onsie for a week–that you are not allowed to take off."

He dipped his head as a smile tugged at his lips before he looked up at me through his thick lashes. "If it helps, I was going to tear her throat out then slit mine."