Chapter 38: Blood Oaths

I looked up and saw Cole pull a lever; Ethan's box slid out on a cable-line that ran across to the wall on the other side to the opposite wall like a ski-lift and was dangling above the pit. From below I could see a trap door in the bottom of it, my beast growled lowly as we eyed Aurelia.

"Really?!"

"Come on Charlotte, you're a King!"

"It's you are him!" Cole called out.

"Charlotte!" Lucas called out from the rails as he, Andrea, and Talia looked on in horror.

The crowd around me was cheering louder for a fight. I backed up and look up at Ethan who was laying in the mess of his own blood, groaning as his hand dangled out of the cage.

I looked around at the rogues, both vampires and wolves then blinked hard. "Sorry about the dress Evie," I muttered under my breath as the crowd got so loud I almost couldn't hear myself think. "Well, Cole, looks like you're going to get what you want!" I called back before a growl vibrated through me.

"Fifty on stilettos!" I heard a man call out.

"A hundred on the rogues," another person barked out until the crowd erupted in making bets.

I looked back up at Aurelia, who had to be completely crazy or totally in control–probably both. This is what she wanted. I knew this is what she wanted. I cursed myself for falling for it, but my beast figured that it would happen anyways.

Aurelia whispered something to Cole before she took a sip of her martini. I let my beast rush forwards as my breath quickened and my heart started to beat a little faster. "Charlotte?" I heard Ethan say, more like a muffled groan from above.

"It's ok baby, I'm going to be fine!" I yelled up to him as I looked around. It was a ring of concrete walls with two metal doors opposite of each other that looked like they slid open.

I walked a little forward, my eyes looking around between the two doors to see which one would open first. Ethan blinked and looked at me. "Baby, what are you doing?" he asked groggily.

"It's ok Ethan!" I called back, trying my beast to reassure him. "It's going to be ok!"

I heard a buzzer sound and a door slide open. Five rogue wolves ran in and made a line in front of me. I could see Ethan's nostrils flare before his eyes widened. "No, Charlotte go! You have to go!"

"It's going to be fine Ethan," I called back, my heart twisting sharply from the pain in his voice. "I'll be fine baby," I added as I marched towards them and cracked my neck.

I sighed and looked at them. They were sick but not that sick; well enough to do damage. I found myself feeling bad for them. They were probably innocent wolves that Aurelia had caught and forced this craze on–they didn't deserve that. No one did.

I walked forward, eying them as the eyed me like I was a meal. "This is new," one hissed out.

I blinked hard because while I knew in a way they were innocent–forced to be a rogue then forced to fight, I also knew it was either me or them; and with Ethan dangling above, I wasn't about to risk him.

"Those shoes are not going to do you much good," one snarled out.

I hissed at him and bared my fangs. I wasn't going to make the first move. I would fight, and I would fight hard, but I wasn't going to be the King Aurelia wanted me to be–I wasn't going to be a monster.

"Going to stare at us lady?!"

"I could as you the same!" I bit out, but I didn't have to wait much longer.