Chapter 54: Beetlejuice

The wooden stove was burning up a storm and making the little one-room cabin almost too-hot. Or maybe it was my nerves–it was probably my nerves...

I had chopped some wood from the pile alongside the house and brought it in. I wasn't sure if this thing would actually work, it looked so rusted. At first it just smoked the house up until I realized that I didn't open the vents up.

Idiot.

It was my nerves. My fingers had been shaking all afternoon.

Susie had come by and brought me some potted moon plants so I would have some leaves to chew on with Lizzie, who left these skimpy black lacy things in my back for me to wear on top of my bag. I flushed widely and pushed them to the bottom of my bag when I found them.

My bag that I had carried over from the portal with my journal recounting everything. I laid the journal out on the counter, debating what to do with it. Everything was fuzzy. I barely remembered, I knew I had seen them but it felt so like a dream.

I shook out the blankets and made sure the bed was made. Well, it was made but my nerves got to me so I unmade it to make sure there were sheets then made it again. After unmaking and remaking the bed a few times, I decided to have a bath. A bath that I regretted deciding to do halfway through because of how much work it was.

However, it was very worth it after I was done. I was thankful I remembered to pack a razor; although I doubted he would care, frankly I didn't care. I just cared about seeing him, even if he grew that damn beard out along with his hair. I didn't care at all.

There was a tap on my door as I finished dumping out the bathwater, Eve. I had some brownies baking on top of the stove when she walked in, her wolf pacing as her nerves ate at her like mine did me.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes!" she rushed out. "Well no, well I'm fine. I just–" she paused with a smile and looked back at me. "Well, I thought you would want to see him too. Him and Lucas. I'll need help?"

"Ok," I replied with a quick nod. "Who do I need to get?"

"Well, I don't know. I know that Lucas and Jane are living with him. I can go for Lucas and Jane if you want to grab Levi?"

"Ok, now?"

"Yes, do you mind?"

"No!" I rushed out as I walked to my bag and pulled out my pouch of moon dust. I walked back to the stove, quickly grabbing some potholders and removing the brownies from the top of the stove. "I don't mind at all. Your place?"

"Please," she breathed out.

I walked to her, rubbing my cheek against her's before I let out a long sigh. "Ready?"

"Yes, let's go," she replied as she led me down a path toward another cabin similar to mine, tucked away in trees that she was staying in. She closed the door behind me and pulled her hair back in a hair tie.. "I look alright, right?"

"Eve, he's not going to care," I replied with a soft smile.

"I should have shaved," she mused.

"I just shaved my legs."

"Well, I meant–"

"Ok, so to his cabin then?" I injected to save myself from mortification.

She chuckled then nodded. "Hold onto me Charlie girl."

I rolled my eyes and let her hug me to her, my pouch of dust hanging on the necklace on my neck, as she threw some down and pulled us. Pulled us through the cold night air and towards a place that made my beast howl out.