Chapter 62: Fire

"No magic, hold still, and shut your goddamn mouths. You're annoying as hell," Dominic snarled out as he eyed Aurelia and Hale.

I chuckled as I stepped forward with my father who just casually started to walk towards the stairs that descended down to the floor of the room; the room that was much like Levi and our meeting room. A large circle with a stadium type seeing that descended down until there was a flat floor. However, the only difference was the seats were in the shape of a horseshoe, all facing a large decorated row of hand-carved tables and chairs where Aurelia and Hale sat with wide eyes.

"Now brother," my father chuckled out. "Does everyone here know that you're full of shit or is that just me?"

Hale stiffened ever more, so much I thought he was going to crack like glass. Aurelia was holding my gaze; my beast flashed her our teeth as we walked down the stairs next to our father, our blood whipping out to lash at her–causing her to flinch.

I looked around the room at alphas that were either smiling widely or frozen stiff in shock and fear. Cole seemed livid. He stood up but my mother snarled out at him. "Sit your ass down Cole," she bit out in a tone that he could not help but submit to. She turned her gaze to Aurelia, cocking her head with a dark smile. "Oh look, it's that bitch that killed me and my daughter. Hello dear! How are you? Glad to see you're–well, no I'm not really glad to see you're alive."

My father chuckled as I looked around, walking slowly with my dad as the wolves flinched while we passed them; Ethan biting back a laugh before his eyes bore into mine with a smile that sent a flush over my body while Levi just sat back and chuckled darkly.

"Dad, isn't this supposed to be a national council meeting? Seems a little bare," I said as I walked onto the floor with my parents, the vampires starting to trickle in with Susie and Bernard walking in with them.

"Now sweetie, Aurelia isn't like you, she thinks with her head up her ass, much like her father," he replied, his beast prowling back and forth and licking his lips as he eyed Hale. "Right then, well come on let's have a meeting then, better go find your seat baby girl."

I smiled and walked towards Ethan who stood up and pulled me to him when I reached him, kissing me as Alex trotted down the stairs with Dominic next to him. "Hello Hale King, it is lovely to see you."

Hale's eyes widened as Lizzie zipped over to lean against the table close to Aurelia. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Cole barked out.

I sighed and looked at my father. "Dad?"

"Wait no, that's not fair," Dominic said, eying me playfully.

My father rolled his eyes. "Take it up with Dom baby girl."

"Dom, please?" I whined.

"Char, love, he's literally almost had an erection over this, just let him have his fun," Lizzie said as Alister leaned back against the wall.

He waved at my father with a smile. "I've got the snakes, Hadrian."

"Fine Dom," I said as Ethan pulled me down next to him, Evan kissing my cheek while Levi kissed Eve before he pulled her down to sit in his lap, whispering something in her ear that made her laugh.

Dominic smiled and looked at Cole, his eyes dilated as his lips twitched into a cold smile that almost scared me. "Don't breathe."

Cole immediately stopped breathing; he clutched at his chest while the room watched on in either delight or horror. Deryl and Ajax started to chuckle as Ethan pulled me closer to him, nuzzling my neck before he placed a long kiss to it. "I love you."

"I love you too baby," I replied as the sound of hissing–of snakes boiling filled the room. Aurelia looked like she wanted to scream but she couldn't open her mouth. Not now anyways.