Chapter 23: Jump

"What do you want for dinner baby?"

I turned and looked over at Ethan who was looking back at me with tired eyes. Leaning up to kiss him, I pressed my lips gently against his, then leaned back to lie with my head on his arm. "What do you want?"

He shrugged, "Doesn't matter."

"Yes it does," I replied with a mock pointed look. "What do you want?"

He was trailing his fingers down my side, drawing goosebumps over my skin. We had been in bed together for the last few hours while Lucas was out hunting with Evan and Ryder. A few hours that seemed like Heaven. A few hours that I wish I could hit pause on so we could live just forever in between the sheets.

"I think I want breakfast and beer," he thought out loud.

I raised a brow. "Beer with breakfast?"

"You asked!"

I laughed lightly then leaned up to kiss him again. "Only if I can have a mimosa."

"Baby, you can–"

"Ethan?!" Evan called out. "Char?!"

Ethan growled lowly and hissed a string of curses out. He stared out past my shoulder, his eyes growing annoyed. "My brother," he grumbled.

"I guess it's time to get up," I said before I kissed the corner of his mouth.

I started to move out of bed when Ethan pulled me back to him with a slight pout. "Sunshine–"

"Char?!" Lucas called out.

I growled lowly, causing Ethan to laugh lightly with an amused grin. "We're upstairs Lucas."

"Oh, we know," he replied. "We're hungry."

"You just killed off how many deer?"

"Come on sis," he whined. "Pleassseeee."

"Go shower off first. We're having breakfast for dinner. Tell Ev that he can shower here too if he wants, he and Lyanna are obviously welcome to stay."

"Sick," Lucas replied excitedly. "Can we have mimosas?"

I chuckled against Ethan's chest, my fingers playing with the bits of chest hair growing on it. "Yes, we are definitely having mimosas."

"Evan said Dominic was going to bring over Lyanna when he and Wynona came."

"Ok, we'll be down soon."

"Right..."

I growled over the link which just made Lucas laugh. Ethan was shaking his head before he looked back at me. "I have a feeling Lucas and Evan are going to get along too well. Evan loved Lucas when he was a kid."

"Ya," I grumbled out. "Dominic is bringing Lyanna over. I told Ev he could shower here."

"Good idea," Ethan breathed out. "So, blobs, beer, bacon, what else?"

"Ev does love his hash browns," I said as I slipped out of bed.

Ethan growled low and almost sultry as I walked back towards our closet. "Come back sunshine. The bed's all cold now."

I shook my head as my lips quirked into a grin. "No, you're making breakfast Everette. Now get up, we have things to do."

Ethan whined the entire time until we walked down the stairs. Evan was already showered and digging out his favorite hash browns out of the freezer, which really were just frozen pre-shredded strips of potatoes. He turned around and tossed a bag on the island as we entered the kitchen.