Chapter 51: Moon Dust

"Do not link him." I sucked in a deep breath while the fire worked through me; my mother was rubbing Eve's back while Cora held me to her. "I'm sorry Charlotte, you know you can't."

I sucked in another breath. Wolves from inside the portal were handing baskets of moonstones to wolves on this side, on the side of the living–depending what your definition of living is.

I looked down as my skin finished materializing, a tingle running over it while the fire around my mark flared as my soul felt like it was being welded back together. The bond was being restored. It was like a healing water washing over me and putting the pieces of my fractured soul back together. It was like when he first bit me; like when he first marked me. I felt like our bond was waking up, shaking its fur out, and howling out in joy.

After we crossed the portal, which Susie found in another moonflower patch that was hidden, we were met by Cora's father, Micah, Cora, Jake, and fifty very confused warriors. It was a little tense at first, Cora and Jake more or less were stunned and her father thought we were some kind of demons coming over.

Eventually, Cora helped us calm her father down and explain to him what was happening; which was perfect timing because two more alphas, Zane and Quincy, showed up. I guess word travels fast around on the mountains, especially when you open up a portal to the other side of the moon.

More or less, after some growing, snarling, and talking the alphas all agreed to help. They agreed to help and said if we were able to rid the mountain of Xander, that they would bare their necks to my father and help him rid the rest of the packs of Aurelia and Hale. It also helped that both Zane and Quincy were distant cousins of ours–their families had run out here a long time ago to hide.

After, my father sent them to find a few rogues that were ill due to mate loss. It took a while, but Jake was able to sneak with some warriors into a cave and fetch six rogues–carefully and strategically, that were broken because they had subsumed to the craze of losing their mate. A craze that I felt all too much and knew all too well–that is until now.

Until the exchange was made; the wolves crying with happiness as their mate's found them on the other side while we cried of happiness as my skin turned to flesh that didn't glow with moonlike. Happiness as my soul came back to life–the bond healing and putting itself back together.

My fingers were covered in blood. My blood. My blood from where my mark was; it was fresh, like he had just put it on me. I sucked in a breath and looked at Eve, Lizzie, and Susie. Eve was staring at her hands with watery eyes while Susie tried to calm Lizzie down as she touched her mark over and over again. Susie was slightly sobbing as well, clutching her heart with a smile on her face.

"Baby girl," my father murmured to me as I pulled away from Cora who was still leaking tears from her eyes. "You know you can't link him right now. You know why."

"I know," I replied while I wiped my cheeks. "I know. It's not like I can with this damn silver," I grumbled as the silver deep in the mountains started to give me a headache.

Cora helped me up while Jake walked over to Eve. "Come on Lun–"

"Eve is fine Jake." She smiled at him and stood then wiped her eyes of tears while warriors from our side took baskets from the people inside the portal and carried them out.

"Keep the stones coming!" my father called out.

Susie nodded and walked around while Caleb held a thumbs up with Chris from the other side. I waved at them, blinking back more tears because all morning I had cried as I said my goodbyes to them. Goodbyes that were necessary, my place was not there it was here. It was with him.