Chapter 13: The Rock

"You alright?"

I sighed and nodded against Levi's chest. "Thank you."

He kissed my crown. "I wish I knew what Fruit Loops was talking about girl. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I sighed out. "Should we go find them?"

Levi was quiet for a few moments before he let out a long breath. "Liam is still talking to Ethan, let them have some more time. Ethan needs it."

I nodded. After Cora' told me that 'they had been lying to me' and that 'they knew who I was,' Ethan politely excused himself before he lost it in front of the crazed she-wolf. I was shaken to say the least–I was scared. Liam had chased after Ethan and Jake was trying to settle Cora down.

Levi was there, though.

Levi scooped me out of my seat and carried me to this other bedroom where we were both sitting on the floor, me in his lap while he hugged me to him. I almost cried– I was so close to crying again, but Levi stopped me. He told me that there was a time for tears and a time to get it together so we could do something–so I decided that I would get it together. There was too much to do.

"Liam's a good wolf Levi," I murmured.

He nodded. "He's so much like Lander. Almost the spitting image of him."

"That's a good thing," I said. "Lander is your better half, obviously."

Levi chuckled and nodded. "He is that. He'll be real good for the pack. Better than me in ways."

"He told me about Evangeline..."

Levi groaned. "Damn females," he grumbled. "She's going through a phase, she'll get through it. She just needs a thicker skin and a little more grit."

"Do you think you push her too hard?"

"Did I push you too hard?"

"I'm not her Levi and she's not me," I replied.

"I know girl," Levi said. "She's so like her mother, more than she knows."

"Lucas almost gave Ethan another black eye when he told him that he married me."

Levi chuckled darkly. "I'll have to thank him for that one day. I always thought he would have been attached to you at the hip Charlie girl."

"Do you wish they were here?"

Levi was quiet before he looked at me. "Everyday girl, but that doesn't mean that I wish that the way things were now were different. Things happen for a reason, even if I hate the damn reason, they do happen for a reason."

"We should find Ethan, we need to go to Lusa."

Levi nodded. "Don't worry about little Lina, she'll come around. She's a strong girl, she'll be just fine."

I sighed and stood up with Levi then walked out into the hall where Ryder trotted up to us. "They're downstairs in the kitchen. If you don't need me, then I need to check the borders. Remi has a few places that he wants to double check."

I shoved back a smile and nodded to him. "Good luck and be careful, alright?"

"Roger that Ghostrider," Ryder said with a mock salute.

Levi and I watched him walk off before Levi looked at me. "If he doesn't come out and tell us already about Remi, I'm going to be pissed as hell because in about two weeks I'll owe David around fifty bucks."

"You know?!"

We walked forward and Levi rolled his eyes. "Course girl, what the hell to you think I do all day? Smell the damn roses?"