Chapter 43: Horace and Hera

"Baby?"

"Mmm?"

"What did my dad say to you?"

"Nothing baby."

I turned over my shoulder, brushing my teeth while Ethan trimmed his beard down to more of a five-o-clock shadow over his sink. "What do you think?"

"I think we are taking a walk to the moon and back, then, we are coming back here and packing our bags so we can go on one very over due vacation."

"I like the sound of that," I said before I spit the toothpaste out and rinsed my mouth.

Jumping into bed, I tucked myself in the covers as Ethan washed the rest of his face off. He walked over to his side of the bed and slid in as I turned the lights off; arms were pulling me to a chest, causing me to squeal after the light clicked off.

"Ethan!"

"What have I told you about wearing clothes to bed?"

"Ethan..."

"If you repeat that stupid rule again sunshine–"

"The one about shifting?"

He growled lowly before he flipped me onto my back and eyed me pensively. "Yes, that one."

After we had left the pack house, Ethan and I checked with Aaron and Jake on our emergency shelters. We had them start to stock them up with food, water, and fresh blankets. As much as I hated to think we had to use them, we had to be safe rather than sorry.

The rest of the afternoon I help Lyanna on her research while Ethan coordinated with Evan and our warriors–strategizing the best way to distribute them for the day we would walk. After we had dinner, I made him drink the vitamin drink again–he didn't really need it, but the look on his face when he drank it was totally worth it. By the end of the day, the scent of silver was gone from him and he started to heal much faster.

"It's a stupid rule sunshine."

"You're a horrible patient."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm fine now."

"Only because you listened to us and took it easy you big idiot!" He growled playfully at me, sliding his hands slowly up under my shirt. He nipped at the skin of my neck while I sighed as he cupped my breast. "Ethan–"

"I'm done listening to your rules sunshine," he murmured against my neck, his lips dancing over my mark before he nipped at it as well. "Now take your damn clothes off. There's a no clothes policy in this bed and you're definitely breaking the policy."

My chest vibrated before I turned to capture his lips, letting him slowly devour me–making the bond light up and my skin flush. "I still think you're a horrible patient."

"And I still think you're wearing too many clothes," he replied, his voice husky as he quickly pulled off my shirt, leaving me in a bralette and my cotton shorts. "Why the hell are you wearing this?" he asked as he tugged at the straps of the bralette.

I bit back a laugh. "Obviously to annoy you. Is it working?"

"Oh you're going to get it, baby," he growled out.

My beast and I laughed, my chest vibrating while Ethan narrowed his eyes at me. "I hope so," I laughed out, clutching my belly before he flipped me over pinning me down before his fingers trailed up my sides. "Ethan?"

His fingers grazed my sides until there were not just grazing my sides but tickling me while I squealed and squirmed under his body that was pinning me down. "What's so funny sunshine?"