Chapter 15: Memories Part II

I was sitting in the living room still. I was sitting there looking at my dead father's body. My father.

My real father.

I couldn't help but wonder who raised me–who were the people I lived with. Who were the people that I loved and loved me?

Who was my family?

My wolf had been howling and my eyes hurt from all the tears that had jerked their way out. Dominic walked back into the room with a bag. He set it down then knelt down in front of Hadrian.

His fingers reached into Hadrian's mouth and seemed to be pressing around until the caused his fangs to retract. With the other hand, he reached forward to snag them, but he couldn't do it.

His chest was wracked with sobs and his hands were now rubbing his face that was broken with heartache. "Goddamn you Hadrian," he growled out. He shook his head, tears dripping down his face, and moved forward away while I stared in horror.

"No!" I screamed as Dominic ripped out his fangs with a sharp cry of his own.

My legs were pushing me back as quickly as they could away from the scene on the carpet. I hit the wall, my stomach churning sickly as Dominic choked back another sob and pulled out a knife–a butchering knife. My wolf snapped out while something tore out from deep in my chest that scared even me.

"No!" I cried out again, but I was pulled.

I was pulled and whatever it was that was pulling me was gentle. It let me cry out in anguish as I fell through the air, my hands reaching out for something to hold me–for Ethan, for Levi, for my mother, or for my father.

My father.

He died and let himself be carved up for me, but why? What the hell was so special about us?

I landed on grass, in a forest. A forest that smelled familiar. My wolf cocked her head as we looked around; the trees looked like ones we knew.

Tikanni.

We were on the pack's land. We were on Levi's land.

Levi.

I let out a sharp breath then turned to see Dominic walking with Derek. towards Levi's cabin. My feet began to carry me into a run; my wolf pushing me harder to desperately follow them. What the hell were they doing?!

"Are you sure Levi is ok with this?" Dominic asked.

Derek gave him a nervous glance. "About that, I kind of didn't tell him..."

Dominic snarled at Derek. His eyes murderous before he turned on his heel and began to walk away, the baby in the carrier still sound asleep with a blue teddy bear in her arms.

"Dom!" Derek called after him.

"You don't understand. She is not safe. I made a blood oath to him."

Derek zipped up in front of him, stopping him with worry heavy in his eyes. "Dominic, what have you done?"

"The right thing. I finally did the right thing and it's eating me up inside Derek," Dominic tried not to choke out, his eyes watering while he breath wavered.

Derek nodded with hard eyes and leaned back. "Then it's good you did it. It's about time you learned what your soul felt like again."

"Derek!" a familiar voice called out.

Eve walked out of the bushes in a navy cotton dress with Levi in tow. They eyed the vampires and the baby carrier then looked at each other, silently communicating something before Levi walked forward. "The hell are you two doing? With a damn baby? And what the hell is he doing here?" Levi snarled out, his eyes narrowing at Dominic.