Chapter 8: Sisters

"Baby, do you really think that we'll find Leland?"

"Ethan, maybe he knows? Maybe he knows why they are interested in the tree? Maybe that's why he burned it down," I said.

"She has a point wolf," Bernard added from behind us.

Ethan rolled his eyes then walked closer to me, pinching the cheek of my ass, covered in cotton shorts, that was still sore from the previous night and making me yelp before I snapped at him. He just chuckled at me and winked deviously before he started to climb up the rocks that led to the tree.

"He is something, your mate," Bernard mused.

I grumbled while I quickly climbed up the rocks. The moss was slick with dew; I stumbled a little, luckily Bernard caught my elbow and helped me up.

Ethan was staring at the swaying tree when I walked up to him. He turned and looked over at me. "Are you sure?"

I nodded then looked back at Bernard. "Watching again?"

He sat down and leaned against a tree. "Yes."

"Lucas! We need Leland!" I yelled out. Ethan shook his head and looked at me. I shrugged. "It worked last time."

The tree was swaying and the blood humming to me like a lullaby. I found myself gravitating towards it, almost entranced by it. The energy coming off of it was addicting, like the soft caress of a lover.

Ethan's hand found my shoulder, pulling me back to his chest. He wrapped an arm around my waist and linked our hands together. "Ready?"

"Ya, let's do it," I breathed out.

Ethan lifted our hands up and took a deep breath. "You better have Leland Lucas."

We touched the tree, and we were pulled.

We fell hard through the free air that almost had me screaming. Screaming as the sound of whispers rushed past my ears. They were calling me in difference directions, calling for me to come with them.

"Charlotte," something whispered out. "It's time to see."

"Open your eyes, Charlotte," another whispered.

I felt my hand instinctually reaching out. Ethan grabbed it and pulled it to him. "Sunshine–"

He was cut off as we landed hard on a solid floor, well, more like I landed on my already sore ass. I yelped out in pain then tried to push myself up when arms helped me up and pulled me to something solid.

"Man sis, that was a hard fall," Lucas breathed out, hugging me to him.

Blinking my eyes open, I saw Lucas smiling down at me. "Hey," I breathed out before I hugged him back. Looking around, I saw Ethan standing up while he rubbed his tailbone in Chris' office. "Where's Leland?"

Lucas pulled away from me and rubbed his hair. "Hopefully coming?"

"Hopefully?" Ethan asked.

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Leland is kind of important ok? It's not like I can just bring whoever I want here when you two decided to touch the tree."