CHAPTER 2: MOTHER TROUBLE

Mothers hold their children's hand for a short while,
but their hearts
Forever. . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

When my eyes flutered open, the dark night skies and the twinkling street lights told me that it was way past my wake-up time.

Looking into the mirror turned out to be a horrible choice, as I almost jumped back at the terrible sight in front of me. Dark brown, almost black hair sticking out in every possible direction, looking like a bird's nest that had been destroyed in the angry winter storm.

The dull, lifeless brown eyes stared back at me, making me wonder how a teenager can actually have so many problems.

In hopes to wash out all the signs of sleep from my face, I head to the bathroom. The cold water brought a refreshing feeling, and I quietly head back to the mirror and pick up the comb.

While trying to tame my wild mane, my eyes fell on the picture wall, just beside the mirror.

I picked up a picture, a picture  of Sam and I.

Both of us were wearing identical black tee-shirts that read- 'You might be one person to the world, but to one person, you might be the world!' in golden and had ice-creams smudged on our faces.

I closed my eyes. Things will never be the same between us ever again.

Not my fault though, she should have known better than to talk about her. And Sam of all the people knows how much I love London.

But whatever, the bitch is lucky, I just slapped her.

Heading downstairs, I made my way to the kitchen and saw my mom preparing dinner.

"Hey mamma!" I greeted her, forcing the cheery tone in my voice, on my way to the living room.

It's T.V time!
.
.
.
.

"Honey, could you please pass the curry?" dad asked breaking the dull silence over the dinner table.

"Sure."

The silence was never ending. Out of all the days, my dad chose today to be extremely quiet during dinner.

If I don't break the news to them soon, I'll die out of nervousness.

"Uh. . .mamma daddy, I actually did something great today."

"Really?" My mom asked and I pouted at the funny look on her face while my dad scoffed.

"That's expected out of you, Ria. After all, you're my daughter," my dad said and was awarded with a sharp glare from mommy.

My turn to snicker.

Ignoring my father's glare, I turned to my mother and contiued, "So today, we were given this wonderful opportunity to experience life and me being your smart little cookie, I decided to grab my chance."

"Don't beat around the bush," mum said with a smile on her face.

"So, you know how much I love London, and I wa-"

"It's more like, we know how you are obsessed with London," my mum cut me off.

"Uhh. . . mum just let me just finish what I was saying. Today we were given a chance to study in London for 2 years, and don't say anything let me finish! All the educational expences will be taken care of, all the interested students will be living in the school dorms, and I kinda told them that I am ready to be a part of this program," I completed explaining my parents all the details I knew.