CHAPTER 22 : EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

The problem with people is that they are so damn selfish that
they can never see
others happy...ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

Time is known to heal all the pain, cure every disease , provide strength to get over our faliures, defeats and loss.

But one thing it can't heal is the scars.

They are left behind reminding you of the day they were imprinted on your skin.

Reminding you of your weakness and vulnerability.

The reflection of the past can never be erased. It will reflect on your present and future. Ready to drag you down when you are finally rising. Ready to pull you back when you are finally learning fight alone.

But fighters are those who survive these battles. They are ture heros because they fight battles we don't even know about.

And Zeeve is a fighter.

A survivor.

After learning about his past, his demons, I developed a new emotion towards him.

Respect.

The guy had gone through shit at a very young age. The pain of losing your parents when things had just turned good is unbearable. The pain of being put down by every person is unexplainable.

My train of thoughts was cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing.

I opened the door and was greeted by an overcheery Carol.

"Hi Ria! I wanted to invite you for dinner to my place. You think you can make it?"

"Hi Carol, and sure I'll be there. Is there anything I can help you with?" I offered.

"No child just be there. I want you to meet someone."

"Okkkk," I said dragging the word cause I didn't know what to say after that.

Hehehe awkward.

"Be there around 6."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."

I immediately slumped on the sofa. I feel so tried.

Maybe I can take a nap.

Hmmm...just for a few minutes, sounds good.
.
.
.
.

Bringg!
Bringg!
Brriiiinnggg!

Who the fuck is standing at the door now?

I just wanted to take a nap for a few minutes. Is that so damn difficult to understand?

Slow ass brain fucker.

I marched to the door my anger rising with every step I took and the intensity of the curses leaving my mouth increasing by ten folds.

"Wha-" my mouth was suddenly dry.

What is he doing here? And how the fuck did he come to know that I lived here?

I cleared my throat and combed my fingers through my hair in an attempt to tame it and make myself look a bit presentable.

"Umm what are you doing here?" I stared at Zeeve who inturn was looking at me with wide eyes and an open mouth.

Ok! I know the fact that I look worse than an evil witch with the bed hair and dried up drool on the side of my face but no need to make it so damn obvious dude.