CHAPTER 34: A PERFECT ILLUSION

Trust is like an eraser,
It gets smaller and smaller after every use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"You have to come!" Paige said.

"But, I don't want to. A week more sounds good."

"Not possible, missy."

"I am not coming!" I refused stubornly.

"You have to and you will. See you there." she cut the call before I could answer.

"You won't!" I screamed and jumped on my bed.

It's mid January, the weather is cold as ice-cream and I am as lazy as grasshopper. The only thing I want to willingly is get under the blankets and sleep.

But, of course, I can't do that. Paige wants me to come to school tomorrow. School!

I am so not stepping out of my house in that kind of weather. The dark clouds seemed to glare at me, while the raw winds threatened to steal my warmth. I shivered at the thought and snuggled closer into the blankets.

I had almost fallen asleep, when my phone started ringing. I angrily picked up my phone and answered the call.

"Hello Ria!"

"Why the fuck are you so cheerful?"

"Why are you so grumpy?

"Because you called."

"What?! Can you hear it?"

"Hear what?"

"My heart breaking. No no! It's shattering."

I rolled my eyes at his answer. "Stop being so overdramatic."

"Am not! So, my girlfriend told me a bit about your ditching plans, for tomorrow."

"Traitor" I hissed in annoyance, and heard Brandon laugh.

"So, I got the correct information. Now, tell me why don't you want to come tomorrow. And, not the weather rant please."

"I just don't."

"Why? Is someone troubling you? I can beat them up for you."

"Thanks, but you seriously think that someone has the guts to trouble me?"

"I can smell arrogance."

"Shut up!"

"The reason."

"There is no reason, Brandon. I don't want to come tomorrow."

"I don't believe that."

"Fine. I don't want to see Zeeve."

"Why?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend. I had to give him an answer before Christmas, but I didn't. He asked me again on Christmas and I didn't answer. We haven't spoken ever since."