CHAPTER 6: UNWANTED ATTENTION

Rumors are carried by haters,
Spread by fools,
Accepted by Idiots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

My eyes shut on their own accord as I pushed open the bedroom window and inhaled the smell of the wet soil.

Refeshing and energising.

It had rained heavily the night before. The mud puddles on the roads and the wet patches on the building walls were still there.

With a soft sigh, I walked to the kitchen. Quickly making a cup of coffee for myself, I pulled out a packet of oreos.

Who doesn't like them?

After a lot of loitering around, I finally decided to shower and get ready to look around the neighbourhood.

After tying my shoe-laces, I grabbed my keys and decided to leave. As I opened my door, I noticed that the door to the flat in front of mine, is open too.

"Hello dear. Are you new here?" an elderly lady, in her late fitties probably, stepped out, with an umberella in her hand.

"Yes ma'am. I just moved in yesterday."

"Oh, that's wonderful! And please call me Carol."

"Sure. I am Ria," I said and put my hand forward for a handshake.

"I am just going for grocery shopping. Want to tag along?" She asked, after retuning the gesture.

"Sure. I wanted to look around the neighbourhood as it is."

"Is that your motorbike?" she eyed my bike with displeasure.

"Yes! She is my life."

"My grandson has one too. I don't understand why you teenagers are obsessed with these death traps."

"They are cool," I shrugged.

"And dangerous." she pointed out.

We took a bus to the supermarket. Carol suffers from back problems and cannot drive.

It was fun talking to her. She pointed out the important places around and told me funny stories.

I noticed how her warm blue eyes twinkled with mirth and love when she spoke about her family. She is a very kind and loving lady.

We shopped around and she even brought a chocolate for me.

She officially made it to my 'best person on the planet' list.

"I really had fun today, thank you!" she spoke.

"I'll only accept your thanks when you tell me that bikes sre amazing and I am a wonderful debater," I smirked at her.

"Keep dreaming little girl!" she said with smirk of her own.

"Bye Carol!" I chuckled.

"See you soon, love." she said, in that beautiful British accent of hers.

I really hope I get a hang of that wonderful accent in two years.

After a quick dinner, fatigue got the best of me and I headed to best.

I facetimed momma and told her about everything I did today. After that I picked up a random book and started reading it and soon I drifted off to sleep.
.
.
.
.

Morning definitely arrived sooner than expected and I woke up to the melodious sound ever...the fucking alarm clock!

After taking a quick shower, I headed for the most difficult task of the century.