CHAPTER 23: ICE-CREAM GOT ME INTO TROUBLE!

The chapter is dedicated to @xovedreamer for the beautiful covers she made.
Thanks!
Hope you enjoy the chapter!

______________________

__________

Hardships often prepare
Ordinary people,
for extraordinary
Destinies...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"Acting tough now, are we?" Zeeve commented as I slapped his hand away for the hundreth time. He just doesn't understand.

"Can you quit stealing my food?"

"Not possible."

"Bastard." I hissed under my breath.

"I heard that."

"You were meant to."

"Where is this sudden burst of courage coming from?"

"Excuse me mister, but may I remind you that I am not afraid of you. Plus we are in my house, there is no reason as to why I should feel threatened."

Ever since Zeeve got my address, he automatically assumed that he is welcome here.

I was shocked the first night myself. I had just returned from work and wanted to do nothing more than just to sit, stare at the damn television and eat. And imagine much to my surprise when the doorbell rang and Zeeve greeted me with his godly presence.

With a box of pizza and a coke in his hand he casually strolled in and sat on the couch with his legs on the coffee table and then declared that we play the game at my place rather than on a busy road while walking home.

And it has been the same since that day. He gets food, we eat together, watch t.v and reveal  a secret.

And tonight is no different.

Sprawled on the couch, fighting for food making snarky comments has become a part of my evenings and surprisingly I find myself looking forward to it.

I makes me feel as though I am not alone.

I keep glancing at the clock, looking out of the window and pacing around the house.

The bastard surely messed with my head.

"So tell me were you in a relationship ever, Ria?"

"Nope. Do I look like girlfriend material to you? People say that I love myself too much to  love anyone else."

"Ouch. That's harsh."

"Harsh but the truth."

"I don't think that way."