CHAPTER 32: KICK OR KISS?

All of life is peaks and valleys;
Don't let the peaks get
too high, or,
the valleys get too low!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

The silence seems to be deafening. He continued staring at me, while I refused to meet his eyes.

I don't even know how I feel.

Surprised? Maybe.

Scared? Definitely no.

But, I don't want him to be angry with me.

"How did you find it?" I asked.

"Not the answer I was expecting but, I'll clear it up for you." Though his voice was calm, his eyes gave him away.

The accusation in them is clear as day. I agree that it's my fault too, partially. But, all the clues and doubts pointed towards him.

The last letter I received had scared me. It made me feel paranoid. I refused to trust anyone.

Heck, I had stared doubting Paige and Brandon too, for they were too busy accusing others, to notice how suspicious their behaviour seemed!

"When Brandon was hugging you, I picked up the paper near your feet. And imagine my surprise, when I see my name on the list of people you suspected. Wonderful, isn't it?"

"Zeeve I rea-"

"You what Ria?! Your excuses won't work this time. Tell me, don't you trust me? Did you really think that I did it? Answer me, dammit!"

"No, I didn't, at first. But don't you think it's suspicious how you would always pop out of nowhere, everytime I was in danger. I was addressed as 'kitkat' in the letter I got yesterday. You got answers to my questions?"

He just stared at me and I stared back.

"After being accused, I am supposed to offer you an explanation? After saving your life, I am supposed to tell you how I always helped you? You are being ridiculous right now."

"I am not being ridiculous. I had my doubts, it was my life on the line, after all. I don't trust easily Zeeve. Just because I treat you a bit different, doesn't mean I trust you."

"We can't form a relationship without trust Ria. Just yesterday you were asking me what are we. I'll tell you what we are, we are nothing! Come to me, when you are ready to trust me."

"Stop acting stupid Zeeve!"

"I am not acting stupid, just being practical. You know where to find me. Goodbye Ria." He walked out of the appartment, without sparing me a glance.

"But-" the words caught up in my throat, after hearing the loud bang.

Fuck! I messed up bad this time.

Angrily I rubbed my hand over my face. If only I hadn't made that stupid suspect list.

I called Brandon. He's the one who got me into this mess in the first place.