CHAPTER 35: A BEAUTIFUL TRAGEDY

When a heart breaks,
No it don't breakeven!

-The Script
(Breakeven)

________________________________

Ria's pov:-

I think every girl paints a fairytale of her own. With a handsome prince charming, a shiny castle and a happy ever after, it could easily be another Cinderella story.

No matter how tough they pretend to be, they are ultimately looking for just one thing...love.

And maybe that is the sole reason for their happiness or misery.

The word can cause disasters.

From turning foes into friends, haters into appreciaters, enemies into acquaintances, the feeling is known for creating wonders.

But, we humans tend to ignore the harsh part of life. The aftermath of falling in love is deadly. And, I am unfortunate to have met with it.

Love turns friends into enemies, lovers into haters and supporters into ill-wishers.

It is either a happy ending or a warzone.

The four letter word alone holds so many things...the emotions, promises, responsibilities, trust and commitment.

But, I believe it's nothing but a facade. A mixture of false sense of hope, trust and belief. It is worthless, atleast to me, it is.

We are so blinded by emotions that we forget our conscience. Forget the difference between wrong and right.

The pain and anger dominates all our rational thoughts.

And that's how we end up hurting ourselves in the worst way possible.

Time changes people. I thought Zeeve had changed with time too. I forgave him everytime he hurt me.

I forgave him for every dent he made on my heart, every crack he created in my confidence, but, I can never forgive him for shattering my dreams.

People say, the best way to forget and forgive someone is moving on. But, how am I supposed to forget the guy who became my source of living, the guy who occupied my thoughts, heart and soul.

But, how am I supposed to move on, when I am still in love with him.

It's impossible.

So, here I am, all alone on the airport, waiting for my flight to India. Grandpa and Miranda had decided to come along. I never told them anything that happened between Zeeve and I.

With no friends to wave a goodbye too, I feel lonely once again. But, I guess, being friendless is a part of my fate.

Home-sickness was my excuse to leave London. I asked grandpa to tell the school that I quit the program. After a lot of persuation, he finally agreed.

But, how can I be home-sick when I had considered London to be my home. I had fallen in love with the beauty of this place and, this is the place where my heart was broken.

"Child keep this with you, I want you to open it on your eighteenth birthday. Consider it as an early present." Grandpa said while handing me an envelope.

"But-"

"No Ria! This time I want you to listen to me."

"Ok." I mumbled and put the envelope in my bag.

This feels so unreal.

Just yesterday, I was going to school giggling and smiling and today I am standing on the airport with a broken heart, tears in my eyes and sadness plastered all over my face.

I wish this shit is just a nightmare.

But a single look in the mirror, is like a slap from reality. The truth and the harshness of the situation is suddenly put on my shoulders weighing them down, pushing me down.

It's like I can't keep up without him. I can't breathe, I feel lost. I feel like I might fall, fall into a never-ending pit of sadness and hopelessness.

And the worst part of it all, he doesn't even care. Not a single phone call or a single apology.
Maybe he's grieving about the bet he lost.

Shaking my head, I tired to push away all my thoughts. I don't want to feel this heart-wrecking pain. I just want to be numb.

But, that seemed impossible. The pained look in my eyes keeps reminding me that I was gullible enough to let someone play with my heart and then dump it, let someone shatter my dreams, break my resolve, without me even putting up a fight.

I feel weak.

I feel used.

Sometimes, we learn more about a person at the end of a relationship, than the beginning.

I realised that I could never be beside him. It had always been Candice and him. They were the perfect 'it' couple, stealing the spotlight and grabbing everyone's attention.

I was blind to not see that she was the one who was up to his 'standards'. Stinky rich, bitchy, worthless, good for nothing bart. Perfect for him.

A bitch for an asshole.

I still don't understand how I fell for him, a guy who had vowed to ruin my dreams.

I fell for the guy who wanted to ruin me.

He is my dream-snatcher.

But he made me realise one thing, people change, situations alter but thoughts remain.

My dreams are my only hope now. The pain of betrayal and heartbreak cut too deep. It can't be cured.

He broke my heart to pieces. Now, I think it is impossible for me to ever fall in love.

This program taught me so much, but most of all, it taught me the value of my dreams. I will achive my goals, for my dreams are my only pillars now.

I will do it.

Prove everyone wrong.

Prove Zeeve wrong.

The time we spent together meant nothing to him. It was all a game to him. My feelings, my happiness, he palyed me, very well, infact.

But, he forgot that life is a game itself. A game we all play.

He might have won this time, but I'll come back, to defeat him. For, we are all in the same game, just different levels.

Facing same hell, just different devils.

The game called love.

What we had was undeniably beautiful, but it was not meant to last forever.

It was a tragedy,

A beautiful tragedy, indeed.

And I was it's victim, a victim of love.

________________________________

Let's keep this one very simple, okay? Okay!

This is where it ends!

...Sorry?

-See you in the author's note. Be sure to read it! Maybe it'll make you happy.

With love,
FashionabelyyyyyLate.