CHAPTER 30: I CAN SEE YOU

I wonder how much of what weighs me down,
Is not mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

"That was so mean of you Malaika!" I glared at her through the screen.

"Aww don't be angry baby. Tell me, did you find yourself a boy toy?"

"Malaika!"

"What?! It was a question from an innocent, curoius mind."

"Yeah innocent." I scoffed. "Babe, even a thirty year old pervert is innocent, when compared to you." I smiled sweetly at her.

"Bitch! Honestly Ria, I think you are losing your touch. Your threats don't scare me anymore."

"Oh really?!" she nodded in response.

"Then I guess I just need to prove you wrong. Aunty Anne would love a call from me, right? Maybe I should tell her something about her daughter's wild fantasies." I smirked, as her eyes widened.

"No! You wouldn't do that!"

"Try me, baby."

"It's a cheap move, Ria!"

"Everything is fair in love and war babe!" I gave her a flying kiss and ended the video call.

Setting my laptop aside, I quickly finished my breakfast, grabbed my keys and ran all the way to my bike, like my butt was on fire.
.
.
.
.

Ten minutes later, my ass is in school, without a ticket for speeding.

"You're late!" with her hands on her hips, Paige looked like an angry mommy scolding her naughty five year old.

"Umm...I was having breakfast?" that sounded more like a question rather than an answer.

The thing is that Paige had specifically asked us; me, Zeeve, and Jayden to come early so that we could plan a surprise for Brandon's seventeenth birthday.
And, I am late.

"For an hour?"

"Nope. I was in the washroom!"

"Doing what?" she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Doing what every human does inside the washroom. You know, personal stuff." Behind Paige, Jayden had his fist in his mouth and tears streaming down his face.

Laugh while you can, bastard!

"You are saying that you were peeing for an hour?" That was the last straw.

"I drank a lot of water." I meekly offered.

"Ria!"

"Sorry!" I held my ears.

"Let her be, Paige. We have it all planned out. I'll fill her in." Zeeve came to my rescuse.

I looked at him but he avoided eye contacted. It's been two weeks since Diwali and I haven't spoken to him, atleast not directly.

I could feel my cheeks warming up even with the thought of that night. I distinctly remember what we had done that night. Every word, every touch, still lingered.

"Ria! You better quit the dirty talk!" Zeeve warned, though his eyes are still stuck on my legs.

"I shan't!"