CHAPTER 18: ALONE?

I would want to dedicate this chapter to bookideas for the wonderful cover!
Thank you!
________________________________

It's always easy to stand with the crowd,
It takes courage to stand alone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

I stared into his eyes the whole time. My body felt like it was floating. I couldn't hear anything. My eyes were only focused on him.

How stupid was I to think that he would save me from Candice. A bastard like him can never do any good.

His eyes weren't soulless pits all of a sudden. They were soft, almost as if he was regreting his actions. I think I even saw him extending his hand towards me, but it was too late.

The damage is already done.

I closed my eyes and shut my mouth tightly, as I felt myself fall into the pool. The impact was harsh and I felt dizzy immediately.

The cold water pricked my skin like I was laying on a thousand needles. My dress felt heavy and my body was only going deeper.

My lungs were burning from the lack of oxygen, and I was almost tempted to breathe. I opened my eyes and the cold water attacked them instantly.
It felt like someone threw chilli powder in them. I tried shutting my eyes, but it was difficult.

I moved my arms, trying to reach the surface, but that seemed impossible. Soon, I was out of energy and my hands stopped moving on their own accord.

Slowly, I started giving up.

The water slowly entered my body, as my lungs gave in. The burning sensation proved very difficult to fight against.

I could vaguely hear the shouts from people around me. My mind was hazzy and my senses were getting week.

I have already given up.

My parents smiling faces flashed before my eyes. I could not wish them a goodbye, and I regret it.

When I thought all hope was lost, I felt a pair of hands around my waist. Soon, I was pulled out of the water, and I coughed as my lungs pushed out the water and greedily took in huge gulps of oxygen.

A towel was dropped over my shoulders, but I didn't dare to to open my eyes.

Not because of the crowd of people surrounding me, but because I don't want to see the faces of those traitors whom I had considered as friends.

Only Olivia knew that I couldn't swim and she fucking used it against me.

I wanted to run away. Somewhere where nobody could find me, because the girl I had burried deep inside had come out again.

And nobody could change that.

I will always be weak and defenceless.

"Ria...Ria! Open your eyes, talk to me." I heard someone calling me and when I opened my eyes, I was met with Brandon's deep blue ones. He immediately hugged me.

Shock was displayed clearly on the faces of the people crowding around us.

Brandon helped me up and I noticed Olivia standing in the crowd, a mixture of guilt and concern on her face.

The look on her face did nothing, but fuel my anger.

Bloody bitch!

I took a step towards her but she stood still staring at her feet.