Chapter 4

Klaus had Cami at the plantation house, I was avoiding it at all cost.
I walked out of my apartment and sped to the plantation house when Rebekah gave me the clear.

Once I arrived at the house, I walked in and leaned against the wall, listening to Hayley and Agnes.
Hayley said" I told you, Agnes, I feel great."
Agnes said" You are overdue for a checkup."
" What am I gonna do, pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here."
Rebekah piped in, saying" A lot of women would kill to have a child. Strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."
Agnes said" I know a doctor out in The Bayou off the beaten path. Now I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."
Hayley said" Okay. Fine. Bayou baby doctor it is." They got up and left, Klaus walked in,
He said" Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin anyway, just type in anonymous attic?"
Rebekah said" Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans."
" Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles."
" I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin."
" Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."
" As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother." I walked away, I'm not up for hearing those 2 bicker, which always happens no matter what they seem to talk about.

I grabbed Hayley before she left, she gasped but calmed down once she saw it was me. I said" Are you seriously about to go with a witch to the middle of no where in the Bayou?"
She said" They can't hurt me."
" Doesn't mean they won't try. You don't think something is up, she scheduled an appointment before even asking you, isn't that weird?"
" It's weird but.. you're not like them, are you?"
" Like who?"
" Your brother and sister, Klaus and Rebekah, even Elijah."
" Yeah, I'm like them, get on my bad side, I am capable of ripping you to shreds. But unlike them, I care about people, I haven't been around my siblings for centuries. I've evolved into my own person, I didn't listen to Klaus, or Elijah, or Rebekah, I done what I wanted, when I wanted to. So right now, I'm asking if you want me to come with you, because I feel like they, the ones who held you captive, have something up their sleeves."
" She won't let you come with us, you know that."
" I'll follow you then, because who in bloody hell would put a doctor's office out in the middle of the bayou?" Hayley shrugged then walked off, she's known me for a good month or so, she saw me fighting against the witches for keeping her locked up, and for especially bringing my arse of a brother back into town.

I got to the house, the car parked and Hayley walking inside,
Agnes said" Send them in now, and tell them to do it quickly."
It's a trap! I sped into the building right behind Hayley. I hid behind the wall and then waited,
The doctor done the ultrasound, saying" Your baby's heart rate is perfect."
Hayley said" I knew it. She's a tough one like her mom." Hayley stood from the table, and then I saw the doctor look at Hayley's crescent moon mark,
" That's a unique birthmark."
" We're pretty much done here, right?" Then I heard her phone vibrate, she grabbed it,
" Your blood pressure's a bit high, I've got something for it." She walked out, Agnes was in here now, so I have hiding above them. I heard a wolf howl, Hayley walked to the window, I heard a car approaching. The doctor walked back in,
" Uh, you know, I'm actually not
That good with pills."
" Well, me neither, truth be told." The Doctor walked to the table and grabbed a syringe full of something, Hayley knocked her out, then closed the door, I touched ground and hissed at them, 2 of them circled me. I started fighting, then the other got through the door, I could hear Hayley running. I hissed and attacked, holding them off for a little longer, making sure Hayley could get out of here. I sped out, and started running, oh I'm so screwed if I get caught by them.
I finally got to them and was shot by an arrow, I passed out, once I woke up, Rebekah was standing over me.
I said" Ow." Rebekah grabbed my hand and pulled me up," Where's Hayley?"
She said" We don't know."

We got back to the doctors, and looked around, Rebekah saw the doctor on the ground. Then Klaus showed up, She said" Well, you abandoned your quest for power to help out your family. Having an off day?"
Klaus said" Who took her, Rebekah?"
" I don't know."
" What do you mean you don't know? Then who killed her attackers?" He walked closer to us,
" I don't know. Raven and I had arrows in our hearts. If it wasn't Hayley who killed them, then..." We heard a wolf howling," Lovely. Perhaps her cousins will know where she is."
We walked out and saw Hayley, Klaus walked to her, saying" Hayley, what happened? Tell me what happened."
Hayley said" I can't remember."
" You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you."
" One of the perks of being a werewolf, remember?"
" No. Not that fast-"
We walked to Hayley and then Rebekah wrapped her arm around Hayley, Rebekah and I said" Leave her alone." We started walking inside the building," It's the baby. The vampire blood, Klaus' blood in your system. It can heal any wound. Your own child healed you. How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed. Those mens were ripped to shreds."
Hayley said" I think it was the wolf. I think it's trying to protect me."
Klaus said" The witches were supposed to protect you. When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux..."
" It wasn't Sophie. It was Agnes."
" Fine. Agnes, Sophie. It's all the same to me. I'll slaughter the lot of them."
Rebekah said" Not if Elijah gets there first."
Hayley said" Elijah? Did you find him?"
" He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asked is that we take care of you."
" Hey. So can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days." Then she stood up but she nearly fell, but Klaus caught her,
Klaus said" I've got you, Love. I've got you." We started walking out