Chapter 43

Rebekah and Marcel walked in,
She said" It's done, I'm de linked from those children, and the covens are grateful... and we even beat the rain."
Elijah said" I trust Davina will play her part?"
Marcel said" Yeah. Against my better judgment."
Rebekah said" Stop being so overprotective. If Davina is regent to all covens, she'll be granted the power to resurrect Kol... and clout to unite witches to our cause."
" Don't pop the champagne yet. Dahlia said she'd come for the baby... and now a storm springs up out of nowhere. You think that's coincidence?"
Elijah said" Regardless of her power, she needs to be dealt with. Fortunately, we have a weapon."
" Look, no offense... but are we gonna put all our eggs in one still kind of mysterious basket?"
Freya said" I assure you, I am quite motivated to aid in Dahlia's defeat. Particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be the bait."
Elijah said" And if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task... at the very least, distracting Dahlia long enough for Hope and Hayley to disappear."
Rebekah walked to close a window, she said" Elijah." We walked to her and then Rebekah and I went to the casket room. The coffin was empty,
I said" Where the hell is he?"

Rebekah got on the phone with Cami after we searched the entire compound. I walked to her,
I said" We're so dead. You're gonna be dead and I'm gonna be daggered or worse."
She said" I know."

We walked through the compound, Elijah said" Until Niklaus is Found, Marcel and his men will scour the city."
Rebekah said" Assuming Nik doesn't slaughter them. You know as well as I do he'll be on the warpath. Which again raises the question, how in the hell is he even awake?"
Freya said" It was Dahlia. This was all part of her plan. No doubt she killed Aiden, hoping that the blame would fall on Klaus. The family would divide, and she could win Klaus to her cause."
I said" That is absurd. Nik would never align with Dahlia."
" You continue to defend him."
" He'd Kill anyone who'd take his daughter-"
" Isn't it Hayley trying to take his daughter?"
Elijah said" Their daughter. Let's not forget that Dahlia is the true enemy here."
" How Good then that I finished my spell. Ingredients in the artwork's paint, combined with my blood... will render Dahlia vulnerable. The moment she passes through these paintings... she will be mortal. You can kill her using this."
" Father's knife."
" I thought it appropriate."
" We have a visitor." Then he sped off, to the doors.

Elijah said" And you're certain this can work?"
Rebekah said" Let's not toss around the words like certain."
Freya said" Nonsense. You grow more adept with magic each day, and this spell is flawless. Though I might have preferred Elijah ask my permission before volunteering me as the bait."
Elijah said" I'm not in the habit of asking permission."
" No matter. We have all that we need. Rebekah will perform the spell using my heartbeat and the golem... to craft the illusion of Hope's presence. Once Dahlia is lured into the killing ground, you will do what is necessary."
Rebekah said" You're rather calm. Odd, since there are a million ways this plan could fall into pieces."
" I admit... first, I was upset when Elijah ignored my plan in favor of his own. You are all so determined to protect Hope at all cost. Perhaps I'm envious. No one ever fought so hard to protect me. Then I recalled what I saw when I looked inside your mind. The day you all swore an oath to stand by one another... always and forever. There's strength in such vows."
Elijah said" I can assure you, it has not been free of consequence."
Rebekah said" That is an understatement. Ask me, that vow's been more trouble than it's worth."
Freya said" And yet here you are... proving my point. Family defines you even if it does demand sacrifice. My entire life, I have longed for what you have. It is better to at least glimpse it facing death... than run forever and know nothing of family."

The bells played, and they started the spell. Elijah and I waited on opposite sides of the compound. I don't like this plan but this is what we do for Hope.
I heard Dahlia say" I come all this way to collect what is owed to me... and whom should I find?"
Freya said" Tante, please listen. I betrayed my siblings so I could procure this child. I offer her to you now... and in exchange, I only ask that you release me from my obligation to you."
" How curious that you should bargain with me for that which is already mine. But by all means, make your case for why you should be freed... and then I will decide whether to release you... or kill you once and for all. You surprise me. Betraying the family you meant to coax to your side. How very ruthless of you."
" I had hoped that they would welcome me as a sister. I was wrong."
" Of course you are, you poor little fool. To think that Ester's wicked progeny could ever care for you. They are known the world over for obscene acts of violence, and yet you sought them out. Instead of staying where you belonged with me. I offered to protect you for all time... and you left me. And now it is you who is alone. But then... who could love... such a deceitful little wretch?" The doll broke and turned to sand," What have you done?" Freya grabbed Dahlia,
" Elijah now!" Elijah ran out, But was tackled by Nik, I hissed and ran to him, grabbing his back and pulling him off, he pinned me under him with Elijah.
Nik said" And so the wheel of betrayal circles around once more." He threw Elijah and then threw me, I hit the wall and fell. Nik sped to me and stuck a dagger into my chest, I screamed, Then Nik whispered" You should have left while you had a chance, Little Sister." Then Everything went black.