Chapter 24

Nik said" Kol!" We walked into the housing that held a bunch of bodies, drained of blood, Kol's doing.
Elijah said" All of my efforts to keep this family concealed... yet debauchery like this has led father to us."
" Kol. Show yourself. This no time for games."
Kol came out of a hall and then let go of a woman, he said" Come, come, brother. There's always time for games."
Elijah said" We must leave. Mikael is very nearly upon us."
" If Mikael were upon us, I imagine Niklaus would be quite dead."
Nik said" I barely escaped. Father left the head of my horse on a pike in the town square."
" He killed poor Theo? What a beast. But then, father's always hated you most. Surely he'll chase you if you flee, leaving me here. Perhaps I'll make myself mayor."
Elijah said" Rebekah and Finn have boarded the ship. It's imperative we remain together."
" Rebekah does what she's told because she fears Nik. And Finn... is in no position to argue given the dagger in his heart. I'll take my chances here." He turned around only to face Elijah,
Nik said" I find it amusing that you think you have a choice." He pulled out the dagger and aimed it for Kol's heart.
" No, I swear to you... the day will come when I'm of so easily subdued-" I ran out of there, I came face to face with fire, I fell to the ground, and then I was pulled up. I looked up and saw Nik, he pushed me to Elijah and we got out of there before our father could see us.

I woke up, opening my eyes and staring at the ceiling, I closed my eyes again and thought back to when times were far more simpler than they are today.
Marcellus was practicing the piano with Elijah, I saw Nik go in, I got up and followed.
Nik clapped, then said" Well, isn't this nice? My older brother and my ward... getting along like two peas in a pod."
Elijah said" We should continue another time. Why don't you resume your hamlet? Act one, scene three today. Off you go."
I said" Come on, I'll accompany you." Marcellus got up and walked to me, we walked out of the room as they continued to talk.
I heard someone down in the main,
I said" Continue reading, I'll be back shortly." He nodded then continued, I walked downstairs to see none other than Kol, feeding, I smiled a bit then hummed. Kol looked up and saw me,
He said" My little adventure, care to join me?"
I said" Not today, Mischievous. Nik is with Elijah, so they shall be down shortly." I walked back up to Marcellus and watched him read hamlet.

I decided to make something of the day and headed across the river to Marcel's, possibly Josh is there and he can lighten me up.
I got there and saw Elijah talking with Marcel,
Marcel said" Quarter's become a dangerous place. And you... you're the last true vampire left, along with Raven. Ask me, you're better off joining my community. Maybe that's why you're here."
Elijah said" Mm. I came to make you an offer. Find me the white oak stake and I'll let this little social experiment continue."
" Even if I wanted to help. I don't have a clue where it is."
" Yes, but you do have an ally in Davina. She can find it. Thing is, I'd speak to her myself... but Id feel the conversation might become a little unpleasant."
" You don't go anywhere near her."
" Then it's settled. You'll deal with the matter personally." Elijah walked away, he saw me and motioned me to follow him.

Elijah was watching 2 men play chess, Marcel walked up, saying" Davina's on her way. By the time she gets here, you need to be gone."
Elijah said" I'm not going anywhere until I know the whereabouts of that stake."
" You think she's just gonna cooperate with you standing here? First thing I learned living with your family, wherever you people go... threats and bloodshed are soon to follow. So just stay out of sight. And try not to kill anyone." I watched the chess piece move,
Kol and Nik had went on quite the rampage, and now they're playing chess, Elijah said" 46. An entire tenement building. 46 bodies drained."
Kol said" Nonsense. It was at least 60. Ah. They neglected to check the attic. Why do people run for the attic? It makes no sense."
" It's difficult enough to keep our presence a secret... without you two doing everything in your power to draw attention to us."
Nik said" I'm surprised you have the time to concern yourself with us... given the hours you spend doting on Marcellus."
" Is that what all this is about? You envy my bond with Marcellus? Niklaus, you brought that child into this home. He's not longer safe here. I cannot allow him to remain."
" You'd punish the boy because of Kol's antics. I'd just as soon put him in a box."
Kol said" You'd choose that little whelp over family?"
" That little whelp is our family. Marcellus stays."

Elijah naturally disobeyed Marcel and went to talk to Davina, face to face. She walked out of the loft, I whispered" You have it, don't you?" She nodded," Don't kill me, and I won't tell."
She said" I would never kill you, Raven, you're my friend."
" What about Klaus?"
" Marcel and Josh, I won't let them die."
" Alright, it's safe in your hands."
I walked away from her and then heard Marcel say" It's because you make stupid moves like this. Makes me wonder how I survived you people."

I ran into the palace, as Elijah did, Elijah said" What have you done?" Kol was there with Marcellus, and killing people.
Kol said" I was just introducing Marcellus to the theater. I thought you'd be pleased." I walked to Marcellus and looked at his mouth, I wrapped my arms around him,
" Is there no limit to your vile imagination, brother?"
" Well, if the lad is going to be a vampire, he'll have to learn, won't he? Come. I've already fed him my blood. All you have to do is snuff him. And voila... one of us. That's what you want. Isn't it?" Elijah grabbed Kol by his neck,
Nik said" Let him go, Elijah." Elijah let him go,
" Thank you, Nik. At least someone knows the meaning of family."
" I told you before. Marcellus is family." Then he daggered him, I flinched but wrapped my arms tighter around Marcellus, then started wiping his face off.
--
I met with Elijah and Marcel, Elijah was convinced Davina had the stake, he's not wrong. We got to where they were and went in, we saw Mikael, Elijah pulled him away from Davina and threw him. Elijah said" Father?"
He said" Hello, son. I'd hoped to see your brother first... but we have some unfinished business as well." Elijah punched and then Mikael punched and then Elijah was chest to the end of the white oak stake, I backed away, Marcel came in,
He said" Come on, we're getting you out of here."
Davina said" No, I need my bracelet, I can use it to control him." Marcel looked for the bracelet as the stake was dug into Elijah, then Davina got the bracelet, Mikael sped to her, about to kill her," Stop. Go back now." He sped away, Davina followed him, I walked to Elijah. He looked at Kol, but Davina told me his name was Kaleb.
Elijah said" Something to say?"
Kol\Kaleb said" Not me, Mate. Not a thing."

Elijah and I returned to the compound, Klaus said" It's worse than we thought. I met the witch. Cassie. I studied her, her presence. The way she carried herself. The fervor with which she voiced her hatred of our kind. I looked into that girl's eyes and I swear to you, Elijah, Raven... she is not just guided by our mother, she is our mother."
Elijah said" What is happening?"
" I'm going to kill her. I will boil her bones and feed them to the dogs, if that's what it takes."
" Niklaus."
" What? What could possibly be more important than the return of our mother?"
I said" Our father. We saw him standing there in the flesh as you do now. He was enslaved with some spell cast by Davina. He holds the stake."
Elijah said" If she chooses to release him..."
Klaus said" Well, then there's only one question we need to ask, isn't there? Which of our parents do we kill first?"

I watched Elijah walk out of the compound, I looked at Hayley. I went back to my room, and closed my door, and laid down.