Chapter 37

We were all on the phone with each other which is never good since it usually ends with a pair of us fighting, Rebekah said" Enough already with the family squabbling. Come on, Nik. Even you can see how the situation has become awkward."
Nik said" There's nothing awkward. Hayley and Hope belong in the compound where they're safe. As much as I'd like Elijah's help to kill Finn, if his delicate sensibilities are offended... by the presence of Hayley's new husband, then he's welcome to continue sulking across the river."
Elijah said" As I have explained repeatedly, my presence here in Algiers is purely to assemble allies. And given all the enemies we have in form of wayward siblings... and ancient maniacal Aunt Dahlia, I would think you'd applaud my efforts."
" If it's my applause you seek, you should've have dashed off in a huff."
I said" Alright, can you two try and stay focused on what's best for Hope's safety?"
Elijah said" I'd like nothing more."
Nik said" I'm doing exactly that."
I said" See? You're on the same team. Conflict resolved.."
Rebekah said" Crisis averted." Then I hung up as Rebekah probably did the same. 

I heard Jackson say" This ain't about your ego, Klaus. It's about what's best for that little girl." I sped into that room,
Nik said" How dare you question my intentions for my daughter?"
Hayley said" Jack. Klaus is right. Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there."
" But I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste." Jackson stood up, He said" Just to be clear... I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking. Don't think for one second I take orders from you."

I was in my room, Rebekah had still not returned but Elijah told me she was with Marcel, and Elijah was with Gia going to some woman's home for some reason, I don't remember. Nik had gone out to the cemetery to provoke our brother and hopefully kill him. Elijah called me, I said" Yeah?"
He said" Where is Niklaus?"
" Uh... the cemetery to get Finn."
" He can't kill Finn, not in that body."
" I'll meet you there." Then hung up, I got up and sped out of the compound, going straight for the cemetery.

Once I got there, Nik said" Let him die, Elijah."
Elijah said" The witches want that body returned unharmed."
" And what else do they want? A parade? Free broomsticks for all?"
" This alliance could be greatly beneficial."
" Yes, Well, currying some witch's favor does not concern me."
Someone said" It should. Witch allies can prove valuable." She walked to Finn," Don't worry, Brother, I won't let them hurt you."
Then Vincent said" Who are you?"
" Sleep." He fell asleep.
Nik said" What did you do to him?"
" Finn is now safe from harm. And his hatred of you can no longer do damage to our cause."
Elijah said" Our cause?"
" Yes, ours. And now, if you two can stop arguing long enough... perhaps you'll allow your older sister... to offer you a deal."
Nik said" What could you possibly offer us besides fairytales and lies?"
" Whatever You May think of me, Brother, know this, when I speak to you, it is the truth. If you've any doubts, remember it was I who rescued Rebekah from the Fauline Cottage."
Elijah said" Was it not also you who led Finn on his vile mission to take Hope's life?"
" The threat to Hope came from Finn... not me. The brother I knew would never have stooped to threaten a child. Our mother destroyed him. Like she did me... you, everything she touched."
Nik said" Do not speak as though we are familiars. We know nothing of you."
Then I saw what happened to Freya when she was a child.
" Do you think me a liar?"
" That proves nothing but your ability to conjure illusions."
" Before you dismiss me, you should know this. If I've woken from my slumber, then Dahlia has as well. Once she's sensed your child's magic... she will come for her. And she has the power to kill anyone who stands in her way. Unless we kill her first."
" It's quite convenient, isn't it? You show up in the nick of time to help us kill the woman... with whom you spent a thousand years."
" You have no idea what it took to escape her, or what I lost in the trying. Her punishment will be profound."
Elijah said" And you know how to stop her."
" Given the proper materials, yes. I've sent father to procure them."
Nik said" You put the life of my child in the hands of Mikael." He walked away,
Elijah said" Niklaus. This woman has knowledge of the threat we now face... and is willing to share that information."
" Well, you'll excuse me, Elijah... if I'm not incline to trust the mysterious sister we only just met. But by all means, if you wish to entertain this idiocy... have at it." He sped away,

Freya said" Thank you. Your kindness is much appreciated."
Elijah said" I may be willing to accept your identity, Freya... doesn't mean I trust you."
" And I will look forward to earning that trust." Then she walked away, I looked at Elijah,
I said" This is fun, Elijah. Can't I leave New Orleans?"
He said" No."
" Thanks, have fun taking Vincent, cause I'm not helping. Bye, Brother." Then sped away from him before he could say anything else.

Once I got home, I sped up to my room and locked my door, I grabbed the bottle of whiskey and poured a cup then laid down. Downing the cup and then falling asleep.