Chapter 7

I woke up with a stake in my chest, I saw Hayley struggling. The car stopped and a boy opened the trunk, he said" You don't want to fight me, Hayley."
Hayley said" Tyler?"
" You know you can't beat a hybrid."
I hissed and tried moving but the cuffs on me had vervain.
" Ah! Let me go! You backstabbing, half-breed piece of sh-"
" Shut up!" He grabbed my arm and then put Hayley over his shoulder,
I said" Hurt her and I'll make sure you die a painfully slow death."

We got to a cabin, he let go of me and put Hayley down, Hayley said" What is this place?"
Tyler said" The armpit of Louisiana."
" What are you gonna do with that?"
" Depends on you."
" Hey, you attacked me, remember? You ambushed me in my own back yard." She stood up, after being untied then she walked to me and tore the rope off of my feet, I stood next to her,
" It's not your back yard, it's Klaus'. You're shacked up in a mansion with that psycho, a long way from the girl I met in the Appalachians helping other werewolves."
" Tyler, I'm sorry, but a lot has happened since the last time I saw you." I was glaring at the boy,
" You mean like how you're pregnant? A hybrid baby. Yeah. I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned. This crescent moon birthmark means you come from a big shot family, some kind of royalty to the werewolves of this region, and right here, this is all that's left of them." A woman came into sight,
" Hey, help me."
" They can't help you. They're in the woods hiding because they've been persecuted for decades by vampires."
A man came up, I sped to protect Hayley, standing in front of her, the man said" Is that her? Who's the vampire?"
Tyler said" Yeah, Dwayne. Get her inside. I couldn't leave behind anyone. She's an original."
The man grabbed Hayley and then me and dragged us into the cabin.

Tyler came in, Hayley said" Tyler, there's been a wolf watching me lately, protecting me like it instinctively knows that I'm part of it's pack. You're a hybrid. You can turn into a wolf whenever you want. Was it you?"
Tyler said" No, but you're right. Only hybrids can control when they change, and I'm the only one left besides Klaus, which is why we're here."
" Whatever you think you're doing, you know that whole original family has made some sort of pact or something to keep me and the baby safe. So if you hurt me, they'll kill you."
" What makes you think I'm afraid to die?," the man walked in," You ready for this?"
The man said" Let's do it."
Hayley said" What are you doing? Tyler, please, no. Tyler-"
Tyler said" Klaus destroyed everything good in my life. So I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most."
" No, please, Tyler, please." I hissed and snapped my fangs at him, trying to get loose from the vervain, then a stake pierced my skin. I choked and spit out blood then stopped moving, Hayley screamed then Tyler pulled the needle out, then stuck it into the man and snapped his neck.
Tyler said" Don't get all judgey. Dwayne knew what he was getting into. He volunteered."
" For you to kill him?"
" Dwayne is a werewolf who died with your blood in his system, same blood you share with your hybrid baby."
" You're trying to turn him into a hybrid, that's impossible."
" Been running with wolf packs all over the country. One of them was tight with a witch. She had nightmare visions about your baby and how Klaus could use its blood to make an army of Hybrid slaves."
" I am sick of these witches and their premonitions about my baby. It's just a baby."
" Maybe. Maybe not. That's where Dwayne comes in. You see, he was happy to be the test case. If you haven't noticed, these people don't have much to live for. They'd all welcome the chance to become the superior species. Trouble is, all Hybrids are sired to Klaus. They follow his every move, no way I'd let that happen." He set the dagger on a table, I tensed up,
" How can you be so sure Klaus knows what the baby's blood will do?"
" What do you think? Klaus Mikaelson, killed of men, woman, and Puppies, all of a sudden wants to be a daddy, or he's got an ulterior motive. Hybrids can walk in the sun, their bite is lethal to vampires. They'll take over New Orleans by the end of the week, and you know what's gonna stop Klaus then? Nothing." Then the man, Dwayne woke up, gasping for air, I looked at Hayley," You're gonna have to feed on her."
" What? No." Tyler cut Hayley,
" Do it." Dwayne walked to Hayley and hungrily fed, I tried getting loose but the vervain burned my wrists. Dwayne ran out the door, Tyler followed suit and Hayley started to try and get free.
Once Tyler came back in,
Hayley said" It worked, didn't it? He's a hybrid."
Tyler said" If Klaus gets a hold of you, if he gets that kid, he wins." Hayley looked at me, then back to him,
" Then help me hide the baby from him. Help me run."
" He'll find you. He'll take your kid away, and he'll make more hybrid monsters. Slaves who do everything he says."
" Tyler, whatever you're thinking of doing, there has to be another way. You're not like this." Then she stabbed him with a stake,
" Agh! That was stupid." Pulling out the stake, Hayley grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her.
A man came in, he said" Get away from her."
" What do you care?"
" I said, get away."
" You got what you wanted. Now get lost."
Hayley said" Dwayne, he's gonna kill me. He's gonna kill you, too. He said that hybrids are too dangerous to live. You need to stop him."
" Shut up." Then Dwayne threw him and they started fighting, I kicked the knife to Hayley and she grabbed it, starting to cut the tie on her hand. Once it was off, we ran as fast as we could, she stopped behind a tree, then I stopped, hiding behind the tree in front of her, she went to stab someone but,
I heard Elijah say" Forgive me. Thought you were in danger. It appears I was mistaken." I walked out, Hayley hugged him,
She said" You will not believe the crap day that I'm having."
" Let me take you home."
" Elijah... There's something you need to know about the baby." I walked to them, Elijah looked at me,
I said" It's not good, either."

Hayley said" Klaus must have known. That's the only explanation. He could care less about the baby. He just wants her to be born. So he can use her to make more sired hybrids. Although the way that Dwayne was acting, it was more like he was sired to me."
Elijah said" I should take you home."
" Are you serious? Home to what?"
" Look. Regardless of my brother's intentions, mine remain the same. I said that I would protect you, even, if need be, from Klaus himself."
" I can take care of myself. I've done it for a long time."

We finally got back to the place, Klaus walked out of the cabin,
He said" There you are, I see you found our wandering stray. Perhaps she could shed some light on the situation. This, would appear to be the body of a hybrid."
Hayley said" His name was Dwayne."
" Well, whoever he was, I didn't sire him. Any idea how that's possible?"
" As if you didn't know." She went forward but Elijah grabbed her arm, bringing her back.
" Ah... aren't you two fast friends? Well, come on, then. What horrible accusation have you conspired to levy against me?"
Elijah said" Tyler Lockwood brought Hayley here to test a theory, that the blood of her child could be used to sire hybrids. He claims you knew that. Furthermore, you intended to use this knowledge to build an army."
" And, of course, you assume it's true. I mean, why else would I show any interest in my own flesh and blood? A heartbroken, little crybaby points his finger at me, and my own brother falls in line, eager to believe it. How quickly you assume the worst, especially when it comes from her."
" Oh, spare me your indignation. When have you ever demonstrated any kind of concern towards Hayley or her child, beyond your own selfish pursuits, and what was it you once said to me? Every King needs an heir."
" My big brother, so you doubt my intentions. Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Standing beside the Noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother. A liar, a manipulator, a bastard?" He walked to us," That's all I am to you, isn't it, and to Rebekah, and judging by the way Hayley hangs on your every word, it's clear she feels the same way. No doubt, my child will, as well."
" Brother, if I-"
" We've said all that need to be said, Brother. I'll play the role I've been given." He backed away, then bit Elijah's neck," You two enjoy each other's company. You'll have much to bond over once the hallucinations and dementia set in. Consider that bite, my parting gift to you both." He walked away,
Elijah said" Little sister, go after him, will you?"
I said" On it." I sped off in search for my big brother.

Klaus was at the house, I went to my apartment and crashed onto my bed, why must every time my family is together there's never peace.