Chapter 53

I woke up, I saw Rebekah, she smiled at me and then I got out of the casket and hugged her.
She said" Come on, I've got a surprise for Nik."
I said" It's Christmas, isn't it?" She nodded," Do they know you woke me?"
" No. Now, come along, here, wear this." I took the dress and speedily changed,
" What did I miss?"
" Well... me going crazy, and nearly killing Hayley, Aya cursed me."
" Well, that's why they didn't wake me, they knew I would be furious. They're getting smarter in old age."
" My sarcastic little sister."
" Yes." She grabbed my hand and we walked out.

Rebekah and I done the best we could on the bonfire, I smiled then we walked into the main room where everyone was.
Rebekah and I said" Well, Nik, you are positively merry tonight. All that therapy must be paying off."
Nik saw the fire, He said" Oh, no."
" Yes, we know it's not exactly a bonfire, but we improvised. Come on, it's tradition."
Cami said" Tradition?"
Nik said" We write our wishes and then burn them for luck. Strangely, I don't recall wishing for an influx of enemies, and yet, year after year..."
Elijah said" How odd. Forever on Santa's Naughty list."
I said" Come on, Old saint Nik." Rebekah smiled, Nik just looked at me while taking a sip of his drink, I smiled.

We stood by the fire, after throwing in the wishes, Rebekah said" One of us is still meant to fall by family."
Nik said" Right now, what concerns me is our enemies. They have the weapon they intend to use against us. They cannot know we found you, Rebekah. Our best advantage is if they believe you are lost at sea."
" Then I can't stay, can I? It's okay. My wish already came true. We have this moment." She grabbed their hands, and Elijah and I held hands.

We were sitting next to the tree, Rebekah came in, with her bag.
Freya said" Oh, Rebekah. So soon?"
Rebekah said" Take care of our brothers and sister, Freya. God knows they need it." She hugged her, then Rebekah walked to me, and kissed my cheek, I hugged her. She did the same to Elijah and then to little Hope, then walked to Hayley. She talked with Hayley then hugged her, Nik came back into the room,
He said" You're always leaving."
" And I always come back." They hugged,
" Run far and fast. Stay on the move. And should you happen to meet some handsome fool, know your weaknesses."
" Well, perhaps it's time our roles were reversed. I'll run away from love, if you run towards it." She walked out, this sucks.

Freya said" A hundred years ago, I snuck into a Christmas ball here. I wanted so much to be a part of it, but I thought I was forever fated to be an outsider... always looking in. I know this hasn't been your most elegant family Christmas but... Well, it's already been the best one I've ever had."
Elijah said" I suppose some things are worth the wait."
I said" But waiting for things is boring..."
" Aren't you waiting for a particular brother?"
" I like this Elijah, we're keeping this Elijah."
Freya said" Raven's very mischievous, isn't she?"
" Oh, Sister, you have yet to meet my partner in crime, Kol. Now if you want mischievous, that's the Original you want."
Elijah said" He is also a traitor... but nonetheless he is family." I punched Elijah," What was that for?"
" Sticking me in a box, and talking wrong of Kol, more sided to sticking me in a box."

Elijah and I met up with Rebekah, she sent Elijah a message,
Elijah said" I got your message."
Rebekah said" I was on my way to the airport when I suddenly got the urge to rip out my taxi driver's jugular. I only just resisted." She pulled up her sleeve and showed us the mark from the stake,
" No."
" I'm afraid so."
" Freya can try something else."
" And what if we run out of time? I already went after Hayley. Who's next? Freya herself? Hope? And even if she can..."
" You don't want to run."
" You know I always hated it. Hide my body... and don't tell a soul. Especially not Niklaus. Let him be happy for once. This is our burden to bear, yours and mine. And when the year that the prophecy foretold is over, have Freya work out a cure, wake me up and throw me a hell of a party."
" I can't."
" Why not? Maybe the only way to stop this stupid prophecy is to embrace it. Control it. If we can control it, then maybe we can change it. When I am buried, the family part of the prophecy will be over. You'll be able to trust them again. Freya, Hayley, Niklaus. You can stop anyone, Friend or Foe, that comes at you. So do it, Elijah!"
" No. Shh..."
" Do it! Elijah, do it!" He stabbed her with the dagger in the heart, I closed my eyes fast then opened them, I breathed heavily. I crouched down, covering my face with my hands.