Chapter 56

Hayley walked into the room,
she said" Okay, so what's the plan? Cami's out there with the white oak, and I'm not gonna lose one more person that I care about."
Elijah said" Niklaus can handle Camille. Till then, I'll keep Aya distracted."
" Why don't you just kill her?"
" She and I have history."
" You two had a thing?"
" Aya was a towering intellect with an insatiable curiosity. Passionate, fearless... and something of an outcast. Long ago, I invited her to join a rather elite company. I determined she was perfectly tailored to bear the responsibility of an immortal life. I made her like me."
" She was one of the first Strix."
" We cared for one another deeply. Together we created a fellowship unburdened by the limitations of man. It was the pursuit of a glorious new world. And then Father... Led by an unquenchable desire to slay his children, Mikael descended. Accompanied by a small army, he laid to waste everything that I built. So, we had no choice but to run. Aya did not. So when Tristan found her, he rescued her. She, Of course, came to see him as something of a savior. And in time, beneath his corrupt guidance, they made the Strix what they are today. A hive of depraved and ignorant savages. And she's never forgiven me. Not entirely certain I have ever forgiven myself."
" Well... Given all that, how exactly do you plan on keeping her distracted?"
" With a little salt and an old wound." I looked at Hayley as he walked out,
I said" That plan was from play book, that ass." Hayley looked at me," What did I say?"
She said" You're crazy."
" I know this, didn't you know that?"
" Yes, I knew that."
" My brothers have benched me, I hate this."
" And why have they benched you?"
" Because they love to call the mood I'm in kill mood, so I'm benched so I don't kill any vampire." I smiled and sat down.

Hayley and I walked into the room's where Nik was making so much noise. Hayley said" Hey. Hey! Are you serious with all that noise?"
Nik said" Oh, I'm sorry. Has my therapist's betrayal inconvenienced your otherwise tranquil day?"
" Our daughter has been upset. She's still dealing with the fact that Jack is gone and the only thing that calms her is her favorite toy which Cami stole to get back at you. So... if you wake her up with all this slamming around so help me, Cami will be the least of your problems."
" It pains me that Hope is upset. So I will add it to the long list of grievances I'm already tallying, Hmm?"
" I know that you're angry at Cami, Klaus. But you know as well as I do that she's not in her right mind."
" I beg to differ, Camille seems quite lucid tucked away behind the barrier spell in the City of the Dead, as she taunts me with the very means of my demise." I rolled my eyes and then walked away, I'm not in the mood to hear these two bicker.

Elijah was looking for Marcel, I found him but didn't care to tell Elijah,
I said" You are just the little sneak, aren't you, Marcellus?"
Marcel turned around,
He said" I'm figuring you know Elijah and I too well?"
" Yes, And he stole his plan from my play book, just make sure he doesn't mess up that pretty face of yours."
" And Elijah calls me kid, when his sister acts like a even smaller kid. How fair is that?"
" Quite fair since I'm in a teenage body." I smirked,
" Alright, get out of here before they get here."
" Fine." I sped off,

I met back up with the two, at Marcel's, Marcel said" You had to punch your hand through my chest."
Elijah said" Oh, for the love of... Marcel, I was in character. The moment took me. Besides between that absurd contest and your master class performance."
" Thank you. They were beautifully distracted from this whole white oak business. So, to the new Grand Poobah."
" Right. Which actually brings me to my next point. Even if I can control your friends, what about your enemies? If a sire line war heats up, the Quarter is gonna become a war zone."
" And now we have an army. So perhaps we can keep this wretched prophecy at bay."
" That's right. We fight so you live because if Klaus falls, so do I, and if you fall Well, there goes the Strix."
" Indeed. Got to keep those clowns in line."
I said" The only reason I'm helping is because if Nik falls, Josh does too, so yeah..."
Marcel said" Thanks, great to know you care about me."
" Welcome, kiddo."
" Can you stop calling me kiddo?"
" Oh, no. See, I saw you grow up meaning I can call you whatever the hell I want to." I smiled then followed Elijah out.
Once we got back to the compound, Nik filled us on the things we missed and now Aurora has the white oak and they're most likely the target of her. I walked up to my room and closed the door, now.. I'm kinda glad Kol hasn't returned from the dead yet.