Chapter 18

Elijah was doing something with a drill downstairs, I heard Klaus scream" Enough with all the racket!"
Elijah said" Is there a problem, brother? Gentlemen, please."
I walked out of my room and leaned against the railing, Klaus walked down," I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody 3-ring circus."
" Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not."
Genevieve said" I agree with your brother. It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover."
Klaus said" Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something."
" Actually... I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change."
Elijah said" Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?"
" The Fete Des Benedictions. Feast of the blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young harvest girls to society."
" So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment. And you would like a party for the witches." Klaus chuckled,
" I made my amends with your brother. Why don't you think it over?" She walked out,
Klaus said" Oh, don't be such a stiff, Elijah. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of faith towards a onetime enemy?"
Elijah said" A onetime enemy with whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate."
" Who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?"
" One would think you'd be a little more interested in attending to the needs of the mother of your child."
" So she's the reason behind this oh-so-thoughtful renovation. Elijah, the truth is the mother of my child is werewolf royalty. She's far safer in the Bayou with her pack than she would ever be here with us. Don't worry. I'll bring her home before the birth." He walked away," No child of mine will be born in a swamp." He walked out, I groaned, then looked at Elijah,
I said" Kol is most definitely my favorite sibling!" Elijah looked up at me, with that look he always gives me," Oh, no, no way! Come on, Elijah, don't make me."
He said" Come along, Raven."

Elijah was explaining things to others, Diego said" You want us to go to a witch event on bended knee and give them a gift? I'm sorry, but I just remembered. We're busy doing just about anything else that night."
Elijah said" Diego, this isn't a request. Your name is on that treaty. Now, if you have any difficulty whatsoever with your newfound position, I'd be more than willing to remove you."
" I never thought I'd see the day. Vampires bowing down to witches."
" I see it as a demonstration of strength, acknowledging a lesser faction."

I said" This is crazy, Elijah, I'm so not going."
Elijah said" Your name is on-"
" You slightly forced me to sign it, Elijah, the witches have done everything to hurt us, why the hell are we bowing down to them?"
" It's not bowing down, sister-"
" It's strength? No, it's not, I mean... come on, you seriously don't think they have something evil planned. You come here, ready to fight to take back New Orleans, but no one told me that our brother was dead?! You and Rebekah were so far up Klaus' ass that you didn't acknowledge your baby sister, the one that wanted to be just like you three, till I decided, there's no reason, Klaus would dagger me the second I stepped near him. Rebekah hated me, You Ignored me, and Kol was in a box half the time. Did you guys even want me around when you were in Mystic Falls? And why did our mother not try to kill me?"
" We didn't want you around, Niklaus could not have cared less of his baby sister, Rebekah hated you. I, on the other hand, wanted you safe."
" I can't die, Elijah. Safe is not a priority of mine. And what about our mother, you said she wanted all her children? What about the youngest after Henrik?"
" Kol talked her out of-"
" She needed all the Mikaelson's in one place!"
" You were found by the river, I found you, took you back to my home and our mother decided to raise you as one of her own. She only had one daughter, she wanted another, then I found you and all was great."
" What the hell do you mean found me?!"
" You were abandoned as an infant, you were quite small, Mother nursed you back to health. Our father despised you, hated every inch of you, treated you as though you were a dog. Never once hit you, seeing as you were loved by Rebekah. So he treated you as if you were invisible."
" And does all my siblings know of this?"
" Yes."
" Kol?"
" Yes."
" You all kept this from me for over a 1,000 years with our father hunting us as well!"
" Yes."
" I hate you! I hate you! I hate you and our siblings! Take me off of that stupid treaty."
Then I sped out of there, I sped to the compound up to my room and grabbed my bag, stuffing my money and most important things in there then sped downstairs and out of the compound. I sped out of the French Quarter and then into the Bayou, I got to Hayley,
She said" What do you want, Raven?"
I said" Nothing, just thought we were still friends, but I get it, you're mad at Elijah, which makes you mad at me, I've just come to say goodbye to you and the baby."
" Where are you going?"
" Anywhere but here, just call me when the baby is born."
" No, no, no. Raven, what happened?"
" I found out the truth, that's been hidden from me for over a 1,000 years, by my siblings. So... I'm just gonna go, I need time to think before I go back to them." Then I sped off, I can't face anyone right now, this is somethings that's really broken me.

I went back the French quarter, despite myself being pissed at my brothers. I got there as Davina made the fireworks.
I saw Elijah talk with Davina, I sped to her as she walked away, I said" Hey, Davina."
She said" Hey, Raven."
" How's he?"
" He's fine."
" When you see him, tell him I miss him."
" Okay." I nodded then walked away, inside, hoping to not be seen by either of my brothers.

I saw Josh walk in, I walked to him and hugged him, he hugged me back,
I said" Dumb for coming here, but Brave." Davina walked up, Josh and I walked out of the room.
Davina said" Josh. What are you doing here?"
Josh said" What, Are you kidding? No way I'd miss out on your big day. Besides, music, wind, fire... the club kid in me is, like, in heaven. You don't look like you're having much fun, though. Hey. Come on. Let's get out of here."
We started walking out, but then I heard Klaus say" Joshua. What a fortunate coincidence finding you here. We have unfinished business."
Davina said" You need to leave here. Right now."
" Now, to be fair, you're not quite as powerful as you once were, are you? You're in no position to give orders." Then he sped, I quickly got to Josh and grabbed Klaus' hand, he pushed me into the wall and then grabbed Josh's neck," Come along, lad."
Josh said" Hey, can we talk about this?"
Davina and I said" Josh." We followed them,
Niklaus walked up the stairs, He turned to face the crowd,
He said" Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please. We are gathered here today to pay homage to our beloved witches, but one very special witch has been utterly ignored. That seems a little unfair to me." He held out a box for Davina,
Davina said" No. I don't want your gift."
" I understand why you would reject me, given our past. In truth, many of us here today have been wronged in the conflict which my brother's treaty ended. Your friend Josh was involved in a plot to kill me. It would be well within my right to execute him, Here and now. But. In the spirit of solidarity, and for your favor, Davina, I hereby pardon him. Josh... from this day forward, you have nothing to fear from me. Please." Davina took the gift from Klaus.

Josh said" So are you gonna open it?"
She opened it, and held a little piece of paper," What? What is it?"
Davina said" It's the spell that makes daylight rings."
Josh sighed, I pat his shoulder, nodding my head.

People walked down the stairs, playing the drums,
One of them said" Happy Fete Des Benedictions. We have a message for all of you from Marcel Gerard." They pulled out knifes and cut their wrists, the vampires instantly smelled the blood and their eyes changed, Elijah walked in front of the group,
He said" Control Yourselves. This is a vulgar trick. We do not violate our agreement." Then the lights went out and the vampires attacked, everyone cleared out fasts, once the lights came back on. Dead bodies were piled on the floor, I looked at the wall,
There will be no peace
Written in blood. I sped out of there, getting away from my siblings.