Chapter 13

The second phase of initiation lasted another two weeks. The weeks were filled with trying to cut back our times in our own Fear Landscape. Uriah and I continued to spend everyday together. I think I might be in love with him.

"So, tomorrow's our final test," Uriah said sitting down on my bed.

"Are you ready for it?" I asked nervously.

"I'm not really sure. Are you?" He asked.

"Yeah. I mean as ready as I think I'm going to get," I said.

"Why don't we go out tonight?" Uriah asked.

"Like on a date?"

"Yeah. I mean we could always just walk around the compound or something," he said.

"That sounds really nice," I said. Peter made his way into the room, signaling our release for the afternoon.

"How about after dinner?" Uriah suggested.

I nodded before speaking. "On Family Day, my dad isn't going to come here. I know he won't."

"You have Four, and my mom is dying to meet you," he said. I met his eyes and fell even more in love with him.

"I just didn't want to spend the day alone," I said, shrugging. "That probably sounds dumb."

"No, it doesn't," he assured me before leading the way down to the cafeteria for dinner.

"So, I was thinking," Uriah said as we started walking around the Hub.

"Holy crap you actually thought something? I asked.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny," he said while dramatically rolling his eyes at me.

"Alright, what were you thinking about?" I asked.

I felt him intertwine our fingers, and had to take some deep breaths and steady myself. Once I did, it felt like home. I'd never experienced something so right before in my life. Granted, we'd held hands before, but it still felt so perfect.

"Maybe after initiation we could move in together," he said. "If you want."

"Don't you think it's a little sudden?" I asked.

"Zeke and Shauna moved in together right after initiation and she was a Candor transfer," he said.

"I'd love to, but what if, God forbid, something happens and we break up?" I asked.

"Well, then you can keep your apartment or I'll keep mine, whichever one we aren't living in, and then we will both still have a place to live," he said.

"I just feel like it's super sudden," I said.

"Well, then you can go from living with 30 people to living on your own," he said.

"You mean I would get to take a shower by myself," I said dramatically.

"That's like the only plus," he said.

"I'd love to move in with you Uriah," I said.