Chapter 39

"Hey, Chris," I said, walking up to Christina. She was standing over a bed, and when I approached her, I realized that there were twins laying in front of her.

"Wh- oh hi," she said. "They're both up for adoption. I called you guys first, but they'll go to Abnegation if you don't take them."

"We'll be more than happy to adopt them," Uriah said. His hand found it's way to my waist, holding me as he looked down at the twins. They appeared to be the product of a biracial relationship.

"Do they have names yet?" I asked, looking at Christina.

"Not yet," she said. "I'll leave you guys alone with them. Go ahead and talk about names. Four's coming down to fill out paperwork soon."

"What are we going to name them?" I asked.

"Whatever you want, babe," he said.

"Seriously. I hope you plan on actually helping me," I said. He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

"Maybe, I don't know. The name Maeve is unique. Fits in around here," he said.

"Maeve is really pretty. Maeve Hope Pedrad?" I asked.

"Maeve Hope. I like it," he said.

"Guys names. I like Adam James or something similar so we can call him AJ," I said.

"I've always liked Anthony, but it was my dad's name so," he said.

"Okay, so we name him Anthony James," I said.

"Sounds good," he said, leaning down enough to kiss my cheek.

We stood in silence, just watching the twins, until Four and Christina returned.

"You two need to sign some papers and work on getting the babies some stuff," Four said. We nodded and headed out of the room.

Twenty minutes later, Uriah and I were headed off to the stores to get some stuff for the babies.

We bought them tons of clothes, cribs, changing tables, and all the other necessities for when we can bring them home.

It took almost all night, but we finally got all the stuff set up in the nursery.

"Babe, wake up," Uriah said, shaking my shoulder.

"Hmm," I said.

"You fell asleep putting their onesies in their dressers," he said.

"Sounds about right," I said, sitting up and wiping my eyes. "What time is it?"

"Four in the morning," he said.

"I'm hungry," I mumbled, standing up.

"Me too, but the cafeteria is closed," he said.

"Is there food in the kitchen?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said, leading me downstairs to where there was a plate of cheese fries waiting for me.

"Babe," I said, kissing him.

"Well, I know you didn't eat anything last night, so I figured I'd make you some cheese fries and then come wake you up," he said.

"You're so sweet," I said, kissing him again before sitting at the breakfast bar and starting to eat.

"Only for you, baby boy. Don't let it get out that I know how to be nice," he joked and kissed my cheek as I started to eat.

"Care to join me?" I asked and he started laughing at me.

"I love you babe," he said.

"I love you too, baby," I said. He started down and started to eat with me while we talked and joked about random things.

"So, uh, I don't know how this is gonna work, but what are we supposed to do about work," I said.

"Well, we will get sometime off. Dauntless believes in paternity leave. After that it'll be about time for the next set of initiates, so we'll be doing that. We'll make it work, babe," he said.

"I know baby," I said. I kissed his cheek before we headed upstairs to try and get some sleep.