Chapter 17

His mom was standing off to the side talking to another woman. She was pretty in a natural way. She had darker skin, but not quite as dark as Uriah and Zeke. Her right arm was covered in a tattoo sleeve and she had a few ear piercings. She had enough to fit in, but not a whole lot more. Her dark brown hair fell in loose curls down to her shoulders. She was dressed in typical Dauntless fashion: a black T-shirt and black running pants.

“Hey Momma,” he said, running up to her. I followed behind laughing at his childishness behavior.

“Hi sweetheart,” she said while laughing at him.

“Mom, this is Alex. Alex this is my mom,” Uriah said introducing us.

“It's nice to meet you ma'am,” I said politely.

“Now, I don't wanna hear none of that ma'am crap. As long as you're with Uriah, just call me mom,” she said.

“Alright,” I said, smiling slightly.

Uriah and I spent the morning hanging around the Hub with his mom before she had to get to work. I learned a lot about why Uriah acts the way he does. He gets most of it from Hannah, his mother. She is so sweet and caring. She really just wants the best for her sons, so she's totally okay with Uriah and I being together so long as we're happy. Hannah assured me that no matter what, she would be there for me and Uriah. That was what really mattered to me. Her support meant everything.

About half way through the morning, a young boy came running up to Uriah. He must've been about two years old. He was followed at a distance by a fairly young man who was laughing at the boy. I assumed the man to be his father.

“Riah, Riah,” the kid yelled as he ran up to Uriah.

“Kyle,” Uriah responded before picking him up. I noticed that the man headed over to Hannah and kissed her on the cheek.

“Who's this little cutie?” I asked.

“This is my baby brother Kyle,” Uriah said.

“Hey there Kyle. I'm Alex,” I said standing with Uriah as he held the kid.

“Hi Lex,” he said. He's looks very similar to Uriah. He even has Uriah’s eyes, but then again, Uriah has Hannah's eyes. I found it odd, but figured I could take it up with Uriah later.

Uriah held Kyle for a while and we talked. Turns out Kyle is just as talkative as his older brother. At least they'll know where he got it.

“Alright guys, we've got to steal Kyle back,” Hannah said.

“No you don't,” Uriah said. “How're you David?”

“Pretty good. It's nice to see you again,” the man that had been with Kyle said.

“Oh, uh, Alex this is David, my stepfather. David this is Alex, my boyfriend,” Uriah said by way of introducing us.

“It's nice to meet you,” I said, holding my hand out for him to shake.

“It's nice to meet you too,” he said.

Uriah, David, and Hannah talked for a few minutes longer before Hannah insisted on taking Kyle and leaving.

“It was nice to meet you all,” I said as they got ready to leave.

“It was nice to meet you too sweetheart. Don't be a stranger,” Hannah said.

“Thank God he is gone,” Uriah said.

“You seemed pretty happy to see Kyle,” I said.

“Can we talk about this later?” He asked. I nodded in agreement and we headed off for the dorms.