Chapter 52

"Thank God you guys can take her," Christina said as we walked into the hospital.

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"It was you two or Marcus," she said.

"No. She's not going there," I said.

"He's been feeding Four some line of BS about wanting to have a daughter with his new wife but she barren," Christina said. She was leading us back to the nursery where the baby was waiting for us.

"There she is," Christina said.

"She doesn't have a name yet," Four said. He was standing just outside the door as we looked in through the window.

"Adalyn Rose," Uriah said.

The little girl had some light red and blonde hair but not much. Her eyes were closed but the tag on her crib said she had blue eyes. She was fairly small, even for an infant. She was definitely smaller than both of the twins.

"You guys know the drill," Four said.

"Yes, sir," I said. "Will we get time off like we did with the twins?"

"Well, the Choosing Ceremony is tomorrow," Four said. "You will be spending less time at work than usual anyways, so if one of you wants to take off each day or whatever. I just need Uriah at the Choosing Ceremony and Alex with me."

"Well, she's probably going to be here for another week or so. We can come visit her after dinner or whatever fits in with the training schedule," I said.

Four agreed with me for what felt like the first time in years. Uriah called his mom to come pick the twins up so we could have the night to ourselves. She was beyond thrilled that she was going to have another baby.

Christina took me in to see the baby. "You can hold her, just be careful."

"I know. She's fragile," I said. Christina nodded as I picked Adalyn up and held her in my arms.

"Hi Adalyn Rose," I said softly. "I'm your Daddy. Dada and the twins are going to love you so much. I know I already do. You're such a cute little baby. I'm so happy you're here and safe and not going to live with Marcus. I love you so so much already." I cooed to her softly as she laid in my arms.

I held her in my arms as Uriah walked into the room. I could tell that his mom had been here with Kyle because he looked more stressed than usual.

Kyle's dad no longer had visitation with the boy, but Kyle was still traumatized b y what had happened.

"Hi, baby," Uriah said, walking over and standing behind me. His arms found their way around my waist. He rested his chin on my shoulder and stared down at the baby girl in my arms.

"Hi, love," I said, turning my head just enough to kiss his cheek.

"I love you so so much," he said, kissing my shoulder.

"I love you too, Uriah," I said. "Is everything okay?"

He nodded, but I could tell it wasn't.

"Will you tell me what's going on later?" I asked. Again, he only nodded.

We spent the rest of the evening with Adalyn, cooing to her so she'd know she was loved.