Chapter 36

"What the-?" Marcus yelled as he made his way down the stairs.

"We're busy interrogating someone," I said before going back to talk to Felix some more.

"Why the Hell are you doing it at three in the morning, and in my house no less," he yelled.

"You offered your house up to whatever we needed it for," Four said. "So shut up and stop interfering or I'll arrest you for impeding on a Dauntless investigation."

"We handle the law, not you," Marcus all but spat at Four.

"Marcus, Four already told you to shut up and go back to bed, so please allow us to do our job," I said, not caring what would happen.

"No," Marcus said sternly.

"Marcus Eaton, you're under arrest for interfering with a Dauntless investigation. You have the right to an attorney," Four started.

"Shut up, I know my rights, and I know you don't have the right to arrest me on some made up charge," Marcus yelled.

"What's going on down here?" Victoria yelled as she ran down the stairs.

"Go back to bed," I warned. Uriah was guarding Marcus to make sure he didn't try to hurt anyone or get away.

"Why is he under arrest?" She asked.

"Interfering with our investigation, ma'am," Four spoke calmly. We were all trained to deal with families of suspects like that.

"Are you going to keep him here or what?" She asked.

Four shrugged his shoulders before she turned around and headed back to bed.

"At least one of them's intelligent," Uriah spoke. I could hear his exhaustion in his voice. It was just starting to affect me too.

After a few more hours of just talking to the boy, Four decided we got all we could out of him and we should probably quit while we were ahead. Four had me give the boy my cell number since he actually talked to me before I was allowed to release him.

Four started interrogating Marcus, so Uriah and I headed out to the kitchen and sat at the table.

"Hey, baby boy," he said, smiling at me.

"Hi, Uriah," I spoke, returning the smile as he pulled me into his lap.

"I can't sleep without you," he said, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Well, at this rate, we'll be allowed to sleep in, oh, I don't know, maybe, three million years," I said dramatically. Uriah laughed at me and wrapped his arms around my waist. His fingertips started to just barely graze my sides, causing shivers to slip down my back.

"Babe, you need to stop," I said.

"Why?" He asked, doing it again. "I miss you baby boy." His words were barely a whisper that I would've missed had he not been right beside my ear.

"Uriah, stop," I whined.

"I'm having fun," he mumbled before planting his lips on my neck. I could tell he was attempting to leave a hickey, and, as much as I hate to admit it, he was most definitely succeeding at turning me on.

"Uriah," I mumbled. He hummed into my skin in response.

"Stop," I said rather sternly.

"You know I don't listen to that word," he mumbled. I occasionally hate that we're both rather kinky in bed cause I forget things like safe words.

"Red," I mumbled and immediately his lips left my neck. "We're in public." I spoke my reason before he even asked.

"Hey, shh, look, I'm sorry. I just, we don't ever spend the night apart and I have a hard time accepting that," he said. "And I really just wanna be with you."

"Look, Uriah, you know how much I love you, but you also know that I hate anything beyond kissing while others are around, and here that's even more true. We're in Abnegation, remember?"

"But, baby, you've gotta remember you're a Dauntless member now," he said.

"I know," I mumbled. "And I love you." I kissed his lips quickly.

"I love you too baby," he said.