Chapter 42

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The alarm clock on my nightstand went off. I groaned as I sat up and wiped my eyes. There's no way the babies had slept through the rest of the night.

"Morning, sunshine," Uriah said. My alarm clock must've woken him up.

"Morning babe. How many more times did you have to get up with the twins?" I asked.

"Just once because they were both up at once and up for like an hour and a half," he said.

"Why didn't you come get me baby?" I asked. "I would've helped."

"You have to go into work today. I will be here with them all day. You need sleep. I can sleep here," he said.

"Babe, you still have to Skype with us," I said. He groaned causing me to laugh slightly.

"I'm gonna go hop in the shower babe. Why don't you go back to sleep? I can go to breakfast by myself," I said.

"No, we'll go together," he said.

"Okay," I kissed his forehead before heading into the bathroom.

I heard the babies crying so I rushed out of the shower and headed into the nursery dressed in only a pair of jeans.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked AJ as I picked him up.

"Diaper needs changed," Uriah said.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Lucky guess," he said.

"You've learned their cries," I said. I almost broke down crying as I changed AJ and dressed him for the day.

"Baby boy, what's wrong?" Uriah asked.

"Hmm oh, nothing really," I said.

"You're the worst lier ever. What's wrong?" He asked, walking over with Maeve in his arms.

"You're so close to them already, I just, I don't know. I don't wanna sound petty, but I feel the slightest bit jealous," I said.

"Baby boy, that's not petty. At all," Uriah said, kissing me to reassure me. "Look, I was up with them for almost two hours this morning. I've heard every cry these two can come up with. You'll catch on to them too, babe."

"I know," I said, wiping my eyes quickly.

"As much as I love this view, and trust me babe, I love seeing you shirtless, you should probably go get dressed so we can head down to breakfast," he said.

I rolled my eyes, but headed back to our room and laid AJ down on the bed so I could pull my shirt on.

"Baby," Uriah yelled.

"Yeah," I yelled in response, picking AJ up and heading in the direction of Uriah's voice.

"What's up?" I asked, walking up to where Uriah was standing by the door.

"Someone's here to see you," he said, stepping aside.

"Do I know you?" I asked, looking at the woman standing in the doorway.

"I'm your mother," she said.