Chapter 56

"Alright, next is the husbands first dance," Four said into the microphone. Uriah stood up and dragged me onto the dance floor. I rolled my eyes but obliged with him.

"Do you even know how to dance?" Uriah asked softly.

"A little," I said. I hadn't been allowed to dance during my time in Abnegation, but I've picked up a few things here in Dauntless.

"We've practiced," Uriah smiled at me and the music of Lucky by Jason Mraz began playing.

When the song got to the chorus, Uriah began singing to me. "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be coming home again."

He pulled me slightly closer and I laid my head on his shoulder. I had started to tear up as it set in that we were growing up and actually had our crap together.

"Alex, baby boy, I love you so so much," Uriah whispered softly.

"I love you too Uriah. So very much," I whispered, my voice quivering slightly.

"Baby boy, are you crying?" Uriah asked softly.

"No," I said, picking my head up from his shoulder to look at his eyes.

"Now you're lying to me too," he said, rolling his eyes slightly.

"I love you Uriah," I said. The song was still playing, and we were still dancing but we were in our own world.

"I love you too babe. Please tell me you aren't crying cause you're upset," he said.

"I'm not upset. I promise," I said. "We're married now. We have three kids. We're all grown up."

"I know babe, but this is what we wanted," he said. "Right?"

"Yeah, babe, this is exactly what we wanted. Our life is about as perfect as it could be," I said.

The music came to an end, fading out slowly. Uriah leaned down and kissed my lips quickly. "I love you baby boy," he whispered as he pulled away.

"I love you too babe," I said.

"Daddy, Dada," Maeve cheered, running on to the dance floor.

"Hey Maeve-a-doodle," Uriah said, squatting to pick her up.

"Where's your brother?" I asked.

"Right here Daddy," AJ said, running over so I could pick him up.

"Come on guys," Uriah said. "There's only a few hours left of the party. Then, you children are gonna stay with Grandma for a couple days."

"Yay, Grandma's," AJ cheered. I smiled at him, kissing the top of his head.

"Babe, we've gotta go cut the cake," Uriah said.

"Oh God," I said, knowing this would end in a mess.

"It'll be fun," he said. We headed over to the table and he picked up the knife. We took the knife together and began cutting the cake. We dished out two pieces before taking a small piece to feed each other.

"Ready?" Uriah asked. I nodded. "Good, me too."

I took the cake and tried to feed him, but all he did was smash mine in my face. I took the cake and, at the last second, smeared it across his face. We both doubled over in laughter at the way we looked after having cake smashed onto our faces.

The next few hours passed quickly. We danced and got the twins to eat a little bit more.

We were officially married. We're officially a family. There's nothing else I could've ever wanted. We had each other permanently and nothing could ever top that.