Chapter 34

Uriah had followed me and taken the kid into custody until one of us could question him. His running was no match to Uriah. I made sure Uriah would keep him in custody and not question him until I returned.

"Four," I yelled as I jogged down to where he was. I was livid and it was noticable in my tone of voice. I'd only gotten through the letter before I ran down here, but I knew there was pictures in the envelope too.

"What?" He asked harshly before realizing it was me. He had a habit of softening up towards me since he is my big brother.

"We have a problem," I said. He seemed to roll his eyes at me before hanging up the phone. He must've been talking to Tris.

"What?" He asked.

"Jeanine sent this letter," I said holding it up. "And pictures."

"What's it say?" He asked. He looked pissed that Jeanine was sending us a letter.

"Dear Alex and Four, Thank you for denying my offer. Now I know for sure you're siding with Abnegation. I know you'll go to them and offer help. I'll out the Abnegation leaders for what they truly are: abusers. I'll make sure everyone in this city knows that the two of you are aware of their status and that your own faction fights with me and not with you. I know who you two are. Tobias and Alexander Eaton. Be advised that leaving your faction leaderless is the dumbest mistake you've ever made. Sincerely yours, Jeanine," I read from the paper and held up a copy of what I assumed would be tomorrow's newspaper.

"What is this?" Four asked. I glanced at the picture he was holding in his hand. I knew it was one from Jeanine.

"What?" I asked. It was me, when I showed Uriah the scars on my back. I wanted to break down and cry. I had a hard enough time telling Uriah that, but now there was the possibility that everyone in the city would find out my biggest insecurity. I refused to give Jeanine that kind of satisfaction though, so I didn't breakdown.

"How the Hell did they get pictures from inside the compound?" He asked.

He flipped to the next couple of pictures, and sure enough they were of the two of us shirtless, which seldomly happened. There was three of me and only one of Four, but it was old. It had to have been from his initiation because now he has tattoos covering the whole thing.

"They had to have hacked into our security cameras. Either that or the storage base because that was quite a while ago. If you want, I can probably hack into their servers and mess with them, but there's no guarantee that I could stop the newspaper from being published in the morning," I said.

"You can hack?" He asked. The look of genuine shock on his face was part of the reason I learned it. No one expected me to be any good with computers, but here I am.

"I picked it up in Erudite," I said.

"You don't spend that much time there," he said.

"No, but I did in high school," I said.

"How?" He asked.

"I volunteered to work there over the summer. I made a friend that taught Caleb Prior and I a few things." I visibly shrugged to show him that it wasn't a big deal.

"What do you need to confuse them enough that this doesn't get published in the morning?" He asked.

"A laptop," I said. He grabbed his and we headed back to Marcus's house.