Chapter 6- Xykie: 1 point

Henry

How on earth did grandma because a giggling schoolgirl is beyond me.
"You see, Xykie dear, Paul is such good in words." She said reminiscing.
"I bet he does, Mrs. Lightwood. He is a musician and a songwriter after all." Jacqueline replied.

"What time you will go back to the palace?" I asked them and earned a glare from my grandmother.
"I am still telling them a story..." My grandma said.
"One which is not too nice as you are telling them is not your late husband," I replied.
"If my memory is correct, Paul McCartney is too nice when we were in Paris," Grandma replied.
"Did he sing to you?" Xykie asked her.
"Oh yes...He has such a lovely voice." My grandma said dreamingly.

"My father likes The Beatles so much that I memorized every song on all of their albums," Xykie said smiling.
"Sing for me dear your favorite song then." Said, Grandma.

"Grand... the Prince might be looking for the Princess by now."I glared at Jacqueline. She just waved her hand.
"Henry, why are you forcing them to leave?" Grandma asked.
"I am not forcing anyone to leave, grandma," I replied. I want to sleep. I didn't sleep well last night. Lady Bernadette and I played rather the whole night and I am needing my bed right now.
I closed my eyes and leave them on their gossiping about my grandma's indecent adventure with Paul. The piano squeaked from the corner of her living room.

"When I found myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking of words of wisdom
Let it be"

Xykie is sitting on the piano, her back is on me. She has a voice I admit and she sings slowly.
"Oh, how wonderful." My grandma clapped when she finished the song. She looked embarrassed and shy with the attention.

My grandma is in a great mood after Xykie and Princess Jacqueline left. William fetched them from grandma's house.
"That Lady Xykie is a sweet girl," Grandma said. I snort at her comment and was rewarded with a glare. "But you, I was embarrassed about the way you treat them."
"Grandma, can I go back in here next week? I am longing to sleep. I will go back to my house." I said.
"And I don't like your relationship with Lady Bernadette."
"We don't have a relationship." I reasoned out.
"Then why did you stay the night with her? Oh, Henry... If you will just marry someone, marry the lady who does not use her legs just to get what she wants."
"I will not marry...ever," I said with finality.

Grandma snorted. "Not all women are like your mother. You will find someone who will not dare to look at anybody but you."
"How about me? The apple will not bear an orange, am I right?" I sarcastically replied.
"Just because your mother didn't stay faithful to my son doesn't mean you will become like her." She voiced out.

We have this conversation over and over from the day my mother left with another man a few weeks after my father buried. I was fifteen at that time.

"This talk is overrated." I slip on her couch and my legs are dangling at the end and sleep.
"You will be stupid if you let a good lady like Xykie pass by." She commented. I snorted and didn't reply.

I saw Xykie the next day wearing a rider gear.

"We are you going this time?"
"Oh, great. You are here. Can you show me around?" She asked smiling.
"No. I'm busy." I sidestep and I passed her. She walks beside me. I made my stride long and she did the same.
"Come on... You wouldn't like me to go around, alone. God knows what's waiting for me out there." She said. Her hands at her back making her chest protrude.
"I am busy, kid," I replied.

William was going out of his workroom when we passed.
"Kuya, pwede ko bang hiramin si Henry? Magpapasama lang akong mag-ikot." She stopped and said to William.
William chuckled and nod. "Henry, can you please go with Xykie. I am too busy to tour her. Please accept my apology, my lady."
"It's settled then." She said. She held my hand and dragged me outside.
"Take care of her, Henry," William shouted from our behind.
"You have your orders from the Prince." She said teasing.

Her hands are soft... Looks like she doesn't know anything about house chores. I take my hand from her and stop walking. She stops too and looks at me. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at her.
"Are you really trying my patience?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.
"What I did wrong this time?" She has the nerve to ask me.
"I said I am busy," I replied making every word as hard as steel.
"And the Prince said you take care of me..." She shrugged and started to walk again. "Let's go..."

Patience... I need a lot of it.